This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2451

Silo55
Quick Question on Integra Engines   Posted Mon Jan 23, 06   8:21 PM     

Ok, i have a quick question about the Acura Integra and its engines and trims. I searched a bit but didn't come up with an answer. A popular engine in Honda/Acura tuners is hte b18c found in the Integra, but there is hte b18c5 found in the Integra Type R with some more power. I wanted to know, what would be the easiest to find parts for and yield more horsepower in the end run. Looking at some turbo kits i found some that go on the b18c wont go on hte b18c5. Which of these engines is hte better, the b18c in the GS-R or the b18c5 in the Type R?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Quick Question on Integra Engines   Posted Tue Jan 24, 06   12:03 AM     

I thought you would never ask.The Type R uses the same head as a B16 does, just ported a little more for better flow and fitment onto the 1.8. The type R aslo has more aggressive cams, higher compression, better flowing header, and a more race inspired valvetrain capable of revving to 8400 rpm compared to the GSR's 8200. The GSR has lower compression (but its still up there), has a dual runner intake manifold, and uses a stock header. Anything that fits the type r will fit on the GSR (in this case, theyre both the exact same motor mechanically). If you are going to turbo your car, but want to use a DOHC VTEC motor, then I suggest the following- Buy a GSR block and mate a B16 head onto it. Buy lower compression pistons (9.0 is perfect) forged EVERYTHING, and let it rip. The reasoning behind that is simple- A b18c5 will cost you an extra $2000 just for the motor. With that much money you can be 3/4 of the way onto saving for the turbo kit, or if your going N/A, then buy cams,pistons, have the head ported, and get I/H/E (assuming you do all of the work besides machining)

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
Silo55
Re: Quick Question on Integra Engines   Posted Tue Jan 24, 06   1:45 PM     

Thanks, this answered almost all my question, but there was one question i forgot to add but you seem to have almost completely answered. I need this info for if i were to actually get an Integra, which of the 2 trims would be best, not to get the engine and place it in another car. I got the info I needed for a Turbo version of the engine, but if I were to buy a Integra, GS-R, or a Type-R and go for N/A, which one would be best for that? From what you have given me, it suggest the Type-R engine woudl be best for a All Motor set up, correct?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Quick Question on Integra Engines   Posted Wed Jan 25, 06   2:01 AM     

Well.....there is no RIGHT answer, but there is a cost effective best bang for your buck answer. A Type R will run you 9K+ nowadays, but a GSR will run you 5K or less. Now, you could sell the GSR head and buy a B16 for about the same price. Spend 500 to get it ported and you have a type r motor minus internals. Spend 800 for 11.5 compression forged pistons and 800 for forged rods and you have more power than a type R minus cams. Get a full valvetrain upgrade for 800 along with I/H/E for 1000 and your done really. Now, total that up, and it comes to $3900. For all the work done there, you have something much more powerful than a type R motor. Theyre the same thing besides the head, and the b16 head is the type R head ported. So, in essence, just get the GSR motor (dont even really have to swap the head, you could just port the one you have, but it wouldnt cost you anything to swap them) and work on that. All of that pricing is based on if you do your own work, and it doesnt include an intake manifold upgrade or a chipped ECU for fuel tuning.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
Silo55
Re: Quick Question on Integra Engines   Posted Wed Jan 25, 06   1:33 PM     

Ok, sounds good, your help is greatly valued.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Quick Question on Integra Engines   Posted Wed Jan 25, 06   4:14 PM     

=D