This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14589

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Unlucky_Z

Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Fri Dec 30, 05   3:13 AM     

Seem like no matter how hard I try, My Engine keeps jerkin the car back and forth. I Can't figure out the problem. Even sometimes RPM's drop to about 100x or lower and the car almost dies but it stays alive and if you give it gas it sputters but you let off ... its fine. Any Advice Anyone.

Unlucky_Z

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Fri Dec 30, 05   4:11 AM     

On Top of that I'm Debating wether or not to swap the engine with a BR20 TT or T or hell even a N/A, The Stock L-28 has alot of problems or maby minor but in order to find out i have to tear into it and probaly.. rebuild it... But yeah any help would be apprieaciated.

My Pony Car, 65' Stang , and my Jap Pony car, 240 Z .
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Fri Dec 30, 05   5:33 PM     

Check fuel system for clogs.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
Unlucky_Z

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Fri Dec 30, 05   7:47 PM     

Ok I Did that today... Not clogged.. even poured fuel system cleaner throgh out the whole system. Any other ideas?

buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   8:58 AM     

Is it still carb or FI? if it's a carb, then check all your vacuum lines, check all the air inputs because you may be running rich. if it's FI, then I recommend going to a good mechanic.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Unlucky_Z

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:21 PM     

It's Carb So I'll just take it to a good mechanic cause It's got other probs to. Thx

buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:27 PM     

Had similar problems with a 74 super beetle, with a carb, and it turned out to be the vacuum lines and a generally rich adjustment as well.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Unlucky_Z

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:31 PM     

You had a super beetle? Was it Baja or street?

buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:33 PM     

Street, nice little car, but the girlfriend at the time took it with her, since I had a car already. Then she went and sold it because she never figured out how to drive a manual. It'd be great now because it would be smog exempt, but it wasn't then.

Unlucky_Z

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:34 PM     

Dang man that sucks. what do you have now?

buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:38 PM     

89 MR2 and 05 Scion tC. BTW, the new tires I put on the tC are great. 225/45 BFGoodrich G-Force Sports (the stock were 215/45 Potenza RE92s, and they were shit). The new ones look great and handle so well, except for a little problem on the really ridged freeways where it follows the grooves a bit.

Unlucky_Z

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:40 PM     

wow so what do you plan to Up on the TC?

buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:43 PM     

well, if I can afford anything before the warranty runs out, I'll go with the TRD SC. but I'm currently saving for the 3SG engine for the MR2, or maybe just a new 4AG, since it won't pass smog anymore and I'd love to put a new engine in it. After the warranty is up, I'd like to see if I can create a twincharger setup for it with SC and Turbo. Right now, it only has the TRD exhaust (I love the sound, muscular instead of ricey).

Unlucky_Z

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:45 PM     

Nice.. Hey is it possible to combine a turbo and a supercharger on the same engine?

buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   1:54 PM     

It is possible, HKS had a kit for the MKI MR2, not available anymore, in the 80s. but it isn't easy at all, having trouble coming up with the proper piping for it the setup. If anyone has any of the info about that HKS one, or can find it, I'd appreciate the info.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2