This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14589

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
rollinonhubs

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Tue Jan 3, 06   4:27 PM     

i don't know too much about this but would the sc be used in the lower rpms or would it be used to spool up the tubro in the higher rpms? don;t kill if i am clueless

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Tue Jan 3, 06   6:13 PM     

Both at the same time. The plan with a twin charger setup is that you get the response of a charger with the power of the turbo.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Wed Jan 4, 06   1:24 AM     

Exactly, including the kind of gains that will give you 350+ hp out of a 1.6 liter engine. So, out of the 2.4 in my car I'd bet it would make 400 easy, if it was designed right. Of course, it'd still be FWD, but what the hell at least it'd be unique. Or I'd love to be able to come up with some kind of clutch system for the TRD SC so that it could be switched on and off, giving closer to the original mpg with it off and giving the power gains when it is on (kinda like the car in my science project, I always loved that movie).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Wed Jan 4, 06   2:34 AM     

Im sure you could control it with a manual boost controller. High when you want it and 1-3psi when you dont.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Wed Jan 4, 06   3:14 AM     

No, I mean something that cuts it out completely, since it is belt driven it would need to be a clutch that would let the belt spin without powering the turbine. I want to be able to cut it in for instant power, or close to it.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Thu Jan 5, 06   12:40 AM     

It all depends on how fast you can change a pulley.

DBLDREW
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Thu Jan 5, 06   2:36 PM     

So you want it to work sort of like how an air conditioner clutch works for the condenser, except that you want it to be manual. Kind of a good idea but I think you would get even worse gas mileage when you switch it off. Remember that the air is going to have to go through the supercharger turbine (that isn’t spinning) so my guess is that you would choke off your air supply going into your intake and make it the worlds most inefficient engine.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
buddhakwake
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Sat Jan 7, 06   8:59 AM     

Well, that would be the problem to fix then wouldn't it: making it so that the belt drive can be "disconnected" while keeping it so that the thing can spin freely and not get in the way. Maybe it's not possible, maybe it'll need a short ram intake to keep things at the stock level with the switch off, but I'm going to try to figure it out. I like that kind of problem solving, I find it entertaining. I just have to decide if I want to focus on that or on the turbo/SC thing instead.

FastFiveO
Re: Trouble W/ 240 Z   Posted Mon Jan 9, 06   5:31 PM     

give it to me for free and i will fix it.

86 mustang GT- lil boost lil spray lil mods
86 bronco 4x4 - 33's, mags, magniflow true duels, CAI ford racing 19 lb injectors's and much more
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)