This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1660

italian_ninja
20R turbo   Posted Thu Dec 1, 05   4:21 PM     

What kind of turbo should i go with for a 2.2L 20R engine. Wold the stock turbo off an 88 Supra work? My dad's got one of those left over from when he built his car. would it be worth getting a big one?

Like maybe a Turbonetics T4 or a Garret?

buddhakwake
Re: 20R turbo   Posted Thu Dec 1, 05   10:04 PM     

Toysport recommends using the ct26 Supra turbo as an upgrade for the 22rte (that was the turbocharged version of the larger 22r). So that sounds like a decent option to use. Go to their website (www.toysport.com) and go to tech info (left hand frame menu) and the modifications link for the 20R/22R and get the info, they used to run races with those engines modded, so they know what they are talking about.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 20R turbo   Posted Thu Dec 1, 05   11:06 PM     

The Supra used a CT12, which is smaller than the CT26. If I were you I would get a 20G and call it a day.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO