This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3661

italian_ninja
Festiva Clutch   Posted Tue Nov 22, 05   8:06 PM     

Okay I'll be honest, I am no mechanic I pay to get all my stuff done. So anyway, I am going ask a question that is probably a stupid one.

My mom's friend has a '86 Ford Festiva (lol) that won't shift into forth. What can cause this?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Festiva Clutch   Posted Tue Nov 22, 05   8:40 PM     

The fact that its an 86 festiva. If it doesnt go into gear at all then I would say the clutch, but that would be a wrong diagnosis because of it going into 1-3. Must be a synchro.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
FastFiveO
Re: Festiva Clutch   Posted Wed Nov 23, 05   1:58 PM     

throw out bearing slave cylinder shift linkage ect. all things to check out.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Festiva Clutch   Posted Wed Nov 23, 05   8:41 PM     

I think Rx hit it right. It's because it's a Festiva.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Festiva Clutch   Posted Thu Nov 24, 05   12:58 AM     

If it were the throw out bearing or the slave/master cylinder, then it wouldnt go into gear at all.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
italian_ninja
Re: Festiva Clutch   Posted Thu Nov 24, 05   10:22 AM     

yeah i know but that's all she can afford plus it get pretty good gas mileage

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Festiva Clutch   Posted Thu Nov 24, 05   2:28 PM     

But you pay out of your ass to fix it in the end.

buddhakwake
Re: Festiva Clutch   Posted Thu Nov 24, 05   7:22 PM     

That's exactly the problem, too many repairs can actually cost you more in the long run.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.