This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 8907

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Silo55
Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Tue Oct 18, 05   5:53 PM     

Me and one of my friends have been having a discussion about skylines, and i was wondering which one was faster, stock for stock basis in the 0-60 and quarter mile. The R32 Skyline GT-R or the R34 Skyline GT-R? We can't settle the discussion so i decided to come here for help. Thanks.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Tue Oct 18, 05   11:56 PM     

R34 has more displacement and is AWD. R34>R32

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   4:03 PM     

They are all AWD, and all had the 2.6l TT, but the numbers I was able to find all showed the r34 as being the fastest (being the most recent, it had the best tuning, etc of the engine and suspension).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   5:45 PM     

R32 was rwd, based off the 240sx platform., and I think it was an RB20, R33 was an RB25, and R34 was an RB26.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   6:52 PM     

"From 1989 -1999 there were 3 models of Skyline GT-R produced. The R32, R33,
and the R34. Each features the RB26DETT engine, ATTESA E-TS all wheel drive
system, and Nissan's Super HICAS four wheel steering system." This is from www.skylinegtr.com the website of motorex, the company that first LEGALLY imported Skylines to the states. All the other info I found agreed with them as well.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
buddhakwake
Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   7:03 PM     

The sub GTS-4 levels of R32 were RWD, but everything above that spec (including the GTRs) were AWD, the same is true of the R33 and R34 (except there was no GTS-4 spec of the R34, it was the 25GGT Four and 25GGT-X Four).

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Thu Oct 20, 05   9:53 PM     

Thats right, GTS is what I was thinking about.

buddhakwake
Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   2:07 AM     

ah, okay. I was surprised to see how many trim levels there were of the skylines. But what is the point of going less than the top of the line anyway, right?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   6:27 PM     

To save a few bucks. =P

buddhakwake
Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Sat Oct 22, 05   1:40 AM     

Okay, mr smarty pants. I was being sarcastic anyway. Hell, my criteria for my last car was what was the best deal overall for under 20g after taxes (that's why I got the tC). But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have the top of the line. I'm thinking Carrera GT or the new TT Saleen S7. There's just one big problem with the Saleen: If you lose or gain any weight you have to go back to the factory to get a new seat.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Sat Oct 22, 05   2:22 PM     

Im saving up roughyl 7grand to get that mkII MR2 and possibly a little extra for some little goodies.

Silo55
Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Sat Oct 22, 05   3:07 PM     

Thanks for the help.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Sun Oct 23, 05   1:47 AM     

I have the most seniority over all active members. Go to hell.

buddhakwake
Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Sun Oct 23, 05   6:56 PM     

That should set you up well for a start. When get it send some pics or something.

FastFiveO
Re: Which Skyline is faster.   Posted Mon Oct 24, 05   11:52 AM     

O..O.. the green skyline is faster. who gives a crap. there not in the states really. i heard there in CA but so what. they dont impress me

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Pages in this thread: (1) 2