This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14359

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
ToMas89
2nd car   Posted Mon Oct 3, 05   10:41 AM     

Okay so I'm finally finished with this car, it's an auto, it's too slow, and isnt fun to drive at all (sentra) any ideas for a faster car(feel the acceloration), that's a stick, and is fun to drive.. (cheap, used, and import preferably)

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 2nd car   Posted Mon Oct 3, 05   2:03 PM     

Buy an Integra. Cheap, great aftermarket support, great reliability, and you can swap a motor later if you really are serious.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: 2nd car   Posted Mon Oct 3, 05   11:57 PM     

or if that's still not quite cheap enough for you go with a civic. or there's always the MR2 (can't help it, I own one and love it so I tell everyone), not as strong on the aftermarket support, but very capable and the engine and drivetrain layout make them purer, and better performing, sportscars (if you disagree with that, then ask a race expert why ferrari, lamorghini, lotus, the Porsche Carrera GT, Formula 1, the IRL, and Cart use the same engine and drivetrain layout).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Revs
Re: 2nd car   Posted Wed Oct 5, 05   4:47 AM     

I love MR2s. The 80's models are my favorites.

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 2nd car   Posted Wed Oct 5, 05   12:42 PM     

I would buy an MR2 if I fit in one, and if they werent so expensive.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: 2nd car   Posted Wed Oct 5, 05   8:43 PM     

Well, the fitting in one thing I can understand (I'm only 5' 10" and I had to take the shades out of my t-tops to keep from bumping my head) but they aren't that expensive (granted they are more expensive than most used civics because they weren't made in the same quantities). I love the handling though, that's what having a mid-engined runabout is all about. And one thing that makes the 1st gen engine a good choice is that it's the same one used in the 80's corolla's (which are gaining a following as drifting cars), that tough 4ag.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 2nd car   Posted Wed Oct 5, 05   9:56 PM     

Im 6'' 1' =\

buddhakwake
Re: 2nd car   Posted Wed Oct 5, 05   10:02 PM     

then it's not a good car for you to fit in, unless the top is completely open (and then you better have no hair to mess up in the wind). to be fair though, I'm a very long torsoed 5' 10", if my legs were proportioned right I'd likely be 6' 3" or so (my legs are the same length as my 5' 4" ex girlfriend's).

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 2nd car   Posted Wed Oct 5, 05   10:09 PM     

Well, I have an Integra now, and at first I diddnt fit well in it until I sort of just molded to it, and now its super spacious. Im often told that I wont fit into an mr2, but I have always liked them, and I have found a few in the $5,000 range. I have longer legs, so my only problem would be how far back the seat goes. You think I would be able to fit at all? I am able to adjust the seat in the damndest ways, and will move the seat brackets back if I have to.

buddhakwake
Re: 2nd car   Posted Wed Oct 5, 05   10:38 PM     

The seats in the first gen (can't say for second gen, since I never owned one) will go back quite a long ways. I managed to fit two people into the passenger side with the seat all the way back because one could fit most of the way into the foot well. So, that wouldn't be much of an issue. I used to put it far enough back that I could just barely reach the pedals.

Revs
Re: 2nd car   Posted Thu Oct 6, 05   5:14 PM     

Somthing we need to know is how tall you are, ToMas89.

[External Image Removed]
buddhakwake
Re: 2nd car   Posted Fri Oct 7, 05   3:15 AM     

Well, that's usually only an issue with small runabouts (like the MR2 I mentioned, though it will do quite well on leg room, or the MX-5). I wouldn't guess in most cases that it is an issue.

ToMas89
Re: 2nd car   Posted Fri Oct 7, 05   10:40 PM     

I'm 5 10

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 2nd car   Posted Sat Oct 8, 05   12:36 AM     

I researched the mk2 mr2 and found that many people over 6 foot own and are very comfortable in them. My new car will now be an MR2.

buddhakwake
Re: 2nd car   Posted Sat Oct 8, 05   1:55 AM     

I don't think you will be dissapointed. The first site to start going to is www.mr2.com which is the page for the International MR2 Owners Club. They have good links to lots of info on the car, and some interesting sites that owners have created (I even found one that featured a GM V8 engine swap that required cutting into the firewall).

Pages in this thread: (1) 2