This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4134

skyline_racer
show car   Posted Sat Oct 1, 05   7:54 PM     

Has anoyone else noticed the craziness but un drivablity of show cars? I like the cars that get entered in the shows and drivien out without a a trailer. With the way its going auto shows are going to have a trailer car category. can i get a amen?

buddhakwake
Re: show car   Posted Sat Oct 1, 05   10:53 PM     

Fucking-A-Right!!!! It's ricer syndrome taken to the extreme. Doesn't get much more ASNG than those kind of show cars.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: show car   Posted Sun Oct 2, 05   9:43 AM     

if i spent half as much money as them boys do on croming the undersides of there hotrods and like. 5k in paint and a assload of money in croming and modifing id have it in a boxed in trailer too just so it didnt get any damage. because lord knows insurence wouldnt cover on a money with more money dumped in there car then they spend on themselfs and a place to live.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: show car   Posted Sun Oct 2, 05   10:56 AM     

But that's the problem, they spend so much money on cosmetic things that make their cars less useful, it's ricer syndrome to the extreme (though there are many that spend money on performance parts in addition to the 1300 lbs of tvs, speakers, amps, and such). It's just more style over substance thinking and that's the kind of thinking that is ruining this country. There is a lot more I could say about the subject, but I won't because that's sociology and this is a car site.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: show car   Posted Sun Oct 2, 05   12:56 PM     

thus the words "show cars" im not talking about nopi or anything like that is thats what your getting at but im talking about the people to mod up there rare classic cars example: ford 3 door coupe. or f-1 flip nose. there called showcars because they got flashy shit all over them.. lol
Edit: show cars can make the owners big money when they win the big shows

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Revs
Re: show car   Posted Sun Oct 2, 05   1:20 PM     

Amen, brother. It is retarded, so much money on visuals, how about some engine performance? Just because you have a VTEC sticker, doesn't mean it's a VTEC.

buddhakwake
Re: show car   Posted Sun Oct 2, 05   4:24 PM     

I have no problem with an expensive, restored, chromed classic car (though even the rarest cars at the Petersen Museum in L.A. get driven at least a little bit to keep them in good working order), hell if I had a car like that I'd treat it very carefully too, because they deserve that kind of treatment. I have a problem with the cars with all the lights and speakers and fiberglass and lowered so the side skirts are a half an inch off the ground. All that kind of shit.

Gto_god_67

Re: show car   Posted Sat Nov 26, 05   2:51 PM     

I agree. A show car should show how good it looks but still you have to treat it with care or else it wouldnt be a show car anymore...I to dont like body kits and lowered suspension on cars i like muscle cars, like 69 Chargers, 71 Camaros, and of course my favorite...the 67 GTO

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: show car   Posted Sat Nov 26, 05   3:15 PM     

Those are show cars because they are classics. These are show cars because they are "modified to the extreme" In 30-40 years, a Type-R is going to be a classic.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO