This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1785

94_Ford
First Car   Posted Thu Sep 29, 05   7:32 PM     

I'm looking to buy a car some time soon. I want to get something that has good performance is relatively cheap, as I do not have much money laying around, I've heard Beetles are good, any suggestions?

buddhakwake
Re: First Car   Posted Thu Sep 29, 05   8:14 PM     

Well, if you want to learn how to do the work yourself, there probably isn't a better car to choose. they can be made faster than most people would imagine, but they aren't all that fast to begin with. Personally, I love them. Another cheap choice is the ubiquitous Honda Civic. Or, another alternative for the mechanically inclined (and the domstically inclined) is to go with some old American Muscle. But remember, the most important thing is that you like the car you choose, not choose the car that everyone suggests because they suggest it or you think it's popular (like the people who come on here looking for skylines).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
94_Ford
Re: First Car   Posted Fri Sep 30, 05   10:47 PM     

Thanks for the help. I'll have to check up on those cars around here, see if I can find something decent.

buddhakwake
Re: First Car   Posted Sat Oct 1, 05   9:01 AM     

happy to help

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.