This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 20385

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
EcLiPsE
Which Car?   Posted Mon Sep 26, 05   3:43 PM     

Hi,I Have A Question I've Been Wondering For Awhile Now.....What Car Should I Get Money Whise Performance Whise And Customization Wise.Either A Eclipse,Skyline,Mustang Cobra,Cobalt Or A lancer.A Respones Would Be Aprreaciated.(Any Other Car U Can Thing Of Will Work Also.)

Silo55
Re: Which Car?   Posted Mon Sep 26, 05   7:13 PM     

You can afford a skyline? Maybe a R32 or R33, though i doubt an R34, i don know which one your talking about,but wit the list you have, might wanna add the Subaru Impreza WRX STI, and Toyota Supra Twin Turbo. The cobalt doesnt really have much aftermarket support that i know of. The Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4, NIssan 300zx TT, and the Nissan 350z are pretty good 6cylinders if you like more cylinder cars.

Smaller displacement cars include alot of Hondas and Acuras, especially teh Acura Integra and RSX. It just all comes down to what you like and prefer, and what you can afford.

[External Image Removed]
buddhakwake
Re: Which Car?   Posted Mon Sep 26, 05   7:20 PM     

Moneywise, I'd eliminate the skyline immediately. Its price is nowhere near that of the other cars you put on your list (at least here in CA), the rest could be acquired (used) for likely 20k or less (depending on condition). Next, I would say don't go for the eclipse as they aren't too conducive to tuning (at least the more recent generations), and the new one may look good in magazine pictures but in person it looks like it has a HUGE ASS (and I'm not the kind of person who thinks J. Lo has a big ass, hers is almost non-existent). That leaves you with two domestics and a mitsu. out of those, I personally would go with the lancer because of all the evo bits available (you could end up with an hellaciously powerful car), followed by the Cobra (again, lots of parts to create a very powerful car), with the cobalt coming in last (it is still new enough that it doesn't have the aftermarket support as yet). Now, as far as other things I can think of, there are supras, MR2s (they are underrated most of the time, the engines are actually quite capable with some work), Z cars, Sylvias (the 240Ses), WRXes, Scion tC (it's actually proving to be a very capable car, with a practically bullet-proof engine), or since you mentioned two domestics you could go with some old american muscle (novas, chargers, challengers, chevelles, el caminos, and many more). This is all my opinion however, and YOU and YOUR OPINIONS should be the final judge in what you get, because if you don't like the car you shouldn't buy it.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Car?   Posted Mon Sep 26, 05   8:50 PM     

I am sick and tired of 15 year olds watching 2F2F and then asking us if they should get Skylines and stupid shit like that. You keep thinking that your gonna get a Skyline, and when they plop an 88 prelude in yoru hands, come back here and cry.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Which Car?   Posted Mon Sep 26, 05   9:14 PM     

You never know, he could be the heir to the fortune of Zamunda (bonus points to whoever gets the reference) and have no problems getting the money for a skyline. Of course I could be Dale Earnhardt Jr. for all any of you know, but I'm not.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Car?   Posted Mon Sep 26, 05   10:20 PM     

Well if your Akeem, then Im Semme.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Which Car?   Posted Mon Sep 26, 05   11:58 PM     

I tied my own shoes once, it was an overrated experience.

FastFiveO
Re: Which Car?   Posted Tue Sep 27, 05   1:47 PM     

wow, amazing. wish i could do that.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Which Car?   Posted Tue Sep 27, 05   3:46 PM     

Another quote from the movie.

EcLiPsE
Re: Which Car?   Posted Tue Sep 27, 05   5:31 PM     

Lol u think i watched 2f2f and came here and asked....hell no dude ive been wanting a skyline before 2f2f i just know there powerful and can make good custom cars.I just come here cause i need to get to know more stuff about em so i can know what parts to get and shit so if u dont know what yur talking about keep your fucking mouth shut.
P.S.
money is not a problem

FastFiveO
Re: Which Car?   Posted Tue Sep 27, 05   5:35 PM     

they are not great untill you dump money into em.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Which Car?   Posted Tue Sep 27, 05   5:38 PM     

Well, unless you are willing to spend 50,000-100,000 dollars for one, I'd try something else. They cost an arm and a leg to get one here in the states. Or wait a couple of years till Nissan finally introduces them here brand new.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Car?   Posted Tue Sep 27, 05   10:53 PM     

I know what Im talking about, you should read up. Even if you got the money to import one here, good luck trying to register it. We get newbies here all the time asking us the same question, and theyre all little kids who dont even have licenses yet, so dont tell us that "your the different one"

buddhakwake
Re: Which Car?   Posted Tue Sep 27, 05   11:14 PM     

Yeah, but you don't know, it might be easy to get one registered in Zamunda.

quik67firebird
Re: Which Car?   Posted Wed Sep 28, 05   9:33 AM     

I suppose if I was "Coming to America" and had alot of money I would look into a 1997 Toyota twin Turbo Supra. (Since you are talking about imports) With my Zamunda dollars I'd then upgrade the turbo's and have myself a good handling street beast with alot of aftermaket goodies available.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3