This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4005

arioch
after market parts   Posted Fri Sep 16, 05   11:03 AM     

How much after market is available for Audi A6 or TT? Are you able to work with the brainbox much?

FastFiveO
Re: after market parts   Posted Fri Sep 16, 05   4:15 PM     

dunt know.. why dont you do a serch on aftermarket parts.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: after market parts   Posted Fri Sep 16, 05   7:25 PM     

German turbo cars are notorious for having aftermarket chipping done. If I were you, I would buy an issue of "Euro Tuner" to see what it is the aftermarket has to offer.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: after market parts   Posted Fri Sep 16, 05   9:23 PM     

For the TT, I know there are decent exhausts and chips at least (buddy has one that he's tuning with money from selling drugs to schoolkids).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
talljosh85
Re: after market parts   Posted Sun Sep 18, 05   11:47 PM     

Join www.audiforums.com and search. The A6 2.7T can be modded, and there are super chargers for both the SOHC and DOHC 2.8L V6. There are many companies that reflash the ECU's, offer full head work, exhaust, suspension, brakes, etc etc. They have a pretty healthy aftermarket following all things considered. I'm looking for an A4 1.8T myself as a daily driver while my FD is down. The shop that I'll be frequenting is 2Bennett ( www.2bennett.com ), as I go to school in the same city. They seem to be one of the best shops around, and rather reputable. The TT also has a healthy aftermarket, as the 1.8T is a great motor to modify and easy to increase its power output. Good luck. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
arioch
Re: after market parts   Posted Mon Sep 19, 05   8:02 AM     

I'm totally new to the street scene. What's chipping?

arioch
Re: after market parts   Posted Mon Sep 19, 05   8:07 AM     

is it messing with the ECU? I realize that you get special equipment to read it, but can you get books or online info about how to tune the chip to your specific needs, or do you have to just play with it until you like it? ...like I said I'm new, but really interested in learning about the stuff.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: after market parts   Posted Mon Sep 19, 05   4:27 PM     

Certain ECU's are capable of just being re-flashed with the program, others, like Hondas, require the soldering of a chip that can be reprogrammed for tuning. You can bypass having to do any of that by getting an AEM EMS, but its super expensive.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: after market parts   Posted Mon Sep 19, 05   9:24 PM     

The 1.8 has replacement chips. You may be able to flash the oem as well (I honestly don't know), but you can get a replacement one fairly easily.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
talljosh85
Re: after market parts   Posted Mon Sep 19, 05   11:35 PM     

The ecu on the 1.8T is removed, the softward "flashed", and then reinstalled. The APR seems to be one of the top ones, and 2Bennett charges like $400 for the 1.8T on a 97 A4. They claim like 200hp and 243 ft/lb (at the flywheel) by just having the ECU flashed. If you're not local, you can send them your ecu and have same day turn around (ie they send it back the same day it arrives), so your car is only down for a day or two, unless you have an extra ecu laying around of course. Go to the 2Bennett site and look around for more info on ECU flashing. Hope this helps. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!

Edited by talljosh85 (Mon Sep 19, 05   11:36 PM)