This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 18732

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
arioch
Which One?   Posted Fri Sep 16, 05   11:01 AM     

If money were not an issue, what would be the optimum car...considering base hp and after market parts?

buddhakwake
Re: Which One?   Posted Fri Sep 16, 05   9:22 PM     

Well, that's entirely a matter of opinion. It all depends on what you want. Hondas seem to have the best aftermarket part support for the imports though.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Which One?   Posted Wed Sep 21, 05   6:45 PM     

hondas have a decent ammount of aftermarket but you can't beat a domestic's aftermarket supply. you will always make more power out of a car with a larger motor and more ci's

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Which One?   Posted Wed Sep 21, 05   7:37 PM     

True, but just guessing, I'd say he's not looking at domestics (since this is the import forum). My new dream car is the Cayenne S though (don't think it has any aftermarket support though).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
italian_ninja
Re: Which One?   Posted Wed Sep 21, 05   8:08 PM     

I would have to say an R33. Thats just my opinion tho

buddhakwake
Re: Which One?   Posted Wed Sep 21, 05   8:28 PM     

If money isn't an issue, the skylines are definitely good choices.

FastFiveO
Re: Which One?   Posted Thu Sep 22, 05   4:47 PM     

skyline or VW's R32 vs R32 they both make the same factory power and both are awd and both are the same weight. there on the same level. i dunno if i had to pick an import if id go awd supra or skyline both tt of corse. meh ill stick to my bang for the buck domestic. unless this guy still wants to trade the audo 4000 and scirocco for my charger.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which One?   Posted Thu Sep 22, 05   9:10 PM     

FYI Supras are RWD, not AWD, and were the fastest cars to come off of a production line in Japan until the Lancer came out, now theyre just the fastest modded cars.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
talljosh85
Re: Which One?   Posted Thu Sep 22, 05   10:30 PM     

Supra TT (hardtop/6 speed), 1995 RX-7 R2, Skyline GT-R (R32, R33 or 34, they got heavier as time went on), Subaru STi or Lancer Evo VIII MR (kinda your choice, somewhat different approaches to similar end). All of these cars (and a few others) offer strong platforms to build upon, if money isn't an option. I'm a bit partial to Supras and RX-7's myself, as both handle, brake and accelerate great from the factory, have aftermarkets over a decade old, and respond remarkebly (sp?) well to mods. But hey, if I could, it'd be an Enzo Ferrari, lowered compression and turbocharged, but that might just be me.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
buddhakwake
Re: Which One?   Posted Fri Sep 23, 05   2:27 PM     

Gotta love the Supras, over 1000hp possible out of a v6 ain't something to sneeze at. I'm partial to the MR2s (in case you didn't know) because that 4ag engine is something beautiful to behold (350+ hp out of a 1.6L four banger, which is in a 2200-2300 lb car) and is a seriously tough workhorse. Of course my dream with my MR2 is to get a nice Porsche engine to swap in there and make myself a real screamer of a runabout. But that's because, as much as I love the necksnapping power that some cars have, I love a little tossable thing that will thread winding roads like a needle (without having to resort to AWD) and has that romantic feeling you can only get from a two seat car.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which One?   Posted Fri Sep 23, 05   4:27 PM     

All I have to say, is that if Legends were twin cam, Id be driving one, and it would have a nice T-72 on it.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
FastFiveO
Re: Which One?   Posted Fri Sep 23, 05   4:50 PM     

i have seen awd supras. dont try n tell me there not out there.

buddhakwake
Re: Which One?   Posted Fri Sep 23, 05   5:18 PM     

As far as I know, and have been able to research, there were no STOCK awd supras. This doesn't mean that with plenty of effort (and cash) someone couldn't have made an awd supra however.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which One?   Posted Fri Sep 23, 05   10:24 PM     

Your gonna try and tell the guy who owns an import salvage yard that Supras came AWD? Are you nuts? There isnt even a platform to swap onto the Supra to make it AWD, everything would have to be 100% custom made. Next time think before you say something.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which One?   Posted Fri Sep 23, 05   10:33 PM     

Toyota never made an AWD Supra. The closest thing Toyota made to an AWD Supra was the AllTrac Celica Supra in 86', which is still a Celica (Supra was released later that same year as RWD)

Pages in this thread: (1) 2