This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14843

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
SDracerBOY

What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Fri May 3, 02   1:31 PM     

I wanna get one but what year should i get. Wat is the best one???

AIM- ShiftGear99
Kutsuju_racing
Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Fri May 3, 02   3:30 PM     

I think the 88-91 DX is the lightest and I know the 92-95 CX is the closest to it's weight if not a little lighter....but it depends on which body style you like better?

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
300zx

Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Fri May 3, 02   4:19 PM     

my friend has a 93 hb, i thinks its one of the best year maybe 94 but he runs mid 14's his best time(14.554)

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
Phatmatt

Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Sat May 4, 02   11:41 AM     

it doesn't matter. you know you're going to end up putting groundFX and changing it's looks anyway. Just find one in good condition for a good price.

1969Stang
Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Sun May 5, 02   1:47 PM     

Or just buy a minivan...fix it up so you can burn the hell out of everyone and laugh at the look on their faces when the realize they got beat by a minivan. Sound interesting...what do you think about that one Phatmatt, I think it sounds like a great idea myself...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
Phatmatt

Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Mon May 6, 02   7:19 PM     

well there IS always that option. and you're right. It is a GREAT idea, Stang I highly reccomend it.... But I don't think they have groundFX for minivans. and as we ALL know Spoilers, GroundFX, Lights, loud mufflers, and decals make cars faster. ha ha.

1969Stang
Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Mon May 6, 02   8:06 PM     

But we can make some home made stuff cant we...lol...much respect for you phatmatt. I have told all my friends about the Van...I love it...I would trade my Stang for it. Really I would. Can you say sleeper?

JoKeRCiViC

Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Mon May 6, 02   8:16 PM     

well if u wat my opinion most of the hb i see r 93 -95 i personaly run a 95 but that is because it had a 1.6 liter DOHC V-TEC in it

novaboy

Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Mon May 6, 02   10:59 PM     

yea but that ngine sux and if you really wanted to go fast you should swap.

novaboy
Kutsuju_racing
Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Tue May 7, 02   5:26 PM     

yeah, tell that to lisa Kubo she ran in the 10's with her 1.6! that B16 is one of the best honda/acura motor with turbo's on um'

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres

Edited by Kutsuju_racing (Tue May 7, 02   5:44 PM)

novaboy

Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Tue May 7, 02   7:10 PM     

yea but that engine isnt stock....it had a wimpy sohc stock.

novaboy
Phatmatt

Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Tue May 7, 02   8:21 PM     

I would say the term "sleeper" is an undersatement. Hey man thanks for the props though. Means a lot. The van usually takes heat for being, well a van, and only gets kudos after a race is over.

The best part is keeping it totally quiet and leaving all the lights (cept the fogs) off. Then once you've made the deal and the race begins I flip on the lights and pump out the sound, the big rev is the icing on the cake. It's some good times man. good times. You know I thought I'd be driving my new 300zx all over, because it's just a better looking and handling car. But nine times out of ten I still drive the van.

But I dont know how you could trade your car for mine. what type of Mustang do you have?

fonzarelli
Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Wed May 8, 02   3:26 AM     

ok.. just a quick question.. How come no one has mentioned the civic type-r? this is clearly the best stock civic i have seen but still you are recommending 199x civic dx's and 1600cc engines and stuff?!

novaboy

Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Wed May 8, 02   4:36 AM     

cus it is way cheaper to build up a diferent hatch. your right the ctr is good from the factory.....but if your gonna aftermarket it all up then it is dumb to pay for the ctr parts that your just gonna replace.

novaboy
1969Stang
Re: What year hatchback should i get??   Posted Wed May 8, 02   7:37 AM     

Its a 69 coupe...not grande or what ever its called...It has some mods...soon to put on a 4 barrel. but it has headers, cam, exhuast, ask badassdodge about it...It sounds sooooo good...thats probably why I bought the car.lol..Its kinda fast...even with the 2 barrel...I'm like in the top ten fastest cars in my school...I just hope next year...I could take out the TTsupra, 99M3, and then a 66 mustang...mmmmmm....mustang.......lol

Pages in this thread: (1) 2