This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14568

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
talljosh85
Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Mon Sep 12, 05   3:08 AM     

Kinda late, but I've been away and am now bored.....
The only 3000GT to own is the VR-4, which happens to be AWD and turbocharged. The others are fwd and powered by a n/a V6, quite heavy and boring. Not that the VR-4 is light (its a pig), but, it has like 320hp and can be built up. The Talon/Eclipse should be purchased in awd form as well. The 4g63 is a great engine to build up cheaply, and they are much easier to launch with awd then fwd. The Eclipse would need to be a GSX while the ESi (or is it TSi?) is the awd Talon variant. Do some searching, there are a TON of guys that build up the Eclipse/Talon/Laser platform and several modded 3000GT VR-4's. Oh, also, on the VR-4, buy a 1997(?) or latter because it has the 6 speed getrag that is a much stronger tranny then the earlier models. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Silo55
Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Tue Sep 13, 05   7:10 PM     

Uhmm im pretty sure the 3000gts were rear wheel drive, except the VR-4, which you where correct is all wheel drive.

[External Image Removed]
buddhakwake
Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Tue Sep 13, 05   7:16 PM     

This site http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2213/act/usedcarreviewspecs/ has them listed as a transverse mounted front engine front or all wheel drive, not rwd, as does edmunds.com

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Tue Sep 13, 05   9:12 PM     

Uhhhm im pretty sure we know what were talking about.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Tue Sep 13, 05   9:54 PM     

So does edmunds.com. great site for car info, and pricing info on new cars.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Silo55
Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Wed Sep 14, 05   7:05 PM     

Just trying to add my 2 cents....

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Wed Sep 14, 05   10:03 PM     

Your 2 cents is not portrayed as opinion, but said to be fact, when it is incorrect either way. Your 2 cents would be "It would be cool if they were RWD" not "Im pretty sure that their RWD"

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Thu Sep 15, 05   11:16 AM     

Which, in this case, are worth about as much as a counterfeit wooden nickel. That phrase is supposed (as rx pointed out) to refer to opinion. You, however, were not giving an opinion. You were stating misinformation as fact. Remember, the Government hates competition, so you should watch that kind of stuff in the future and do the research first.

talljosh85
Re: Trading in for .... 1 of 2   Posted Sun Sep 18, 05   11:40 PM     

Nope, as backed up by Budd and RX, they were front or awd. Unless you do some awful nifty work to the transfer case and remove the front half shafts, they will always be front or awd. I know this to be fact, not opinion.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!

Edited by talljosh85 (Sun Sep 18, 05   11:41 PM)

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)