This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 9707

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
thecardinal6

Lotus?   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   7:32 PM     

Anyone ever heard of a manufacturer called Lotus? Its in alot of video games i've played like Midnight Club 3 and Forza Motorsport. The most popular model seems to be the Elise. Anyone ever herd of it?

I will not hesitate to beat your a** with your own shoe m***** f*****
-LAPD Officer
buddhakwake
Re: Lotus?   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   8:04 PM     

I hope this is a joke. If it's not however, here's your answer. Lotus is a British sports car manufacturer. Their current largest production is of the Elise, though they have made (not sure if they still do or not) a car called the Esprit. Their current Elise runs a Toyota engine (from the Corolla and uptuned another 10 hp over the max that the Corolla runs). It is an extremely light weight car, at aobut 1900 pounds, and can pull over 1 g on the skid pad (some reports as high as 1.08 g). It is incredibly small inside and out, so if you are bigger than 5'10" and about 170 pounds it's not a good car for you. The design almost looks like it was based on the Toyota MRS (which is possible, since the original MR2 wasa lotus design itself). All in all, a great trakc car, or even autocross.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jet
Re: Lotus?   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   8:42 PM     

just a quick note, yes they still do make the esprit. And lotus is aextremly awesome car company. but the reason you don't see many of them is that they are rarely imported into the U.S. you would have to go to England or somwhere like there to see one.

You just go into a trance once you hear the engine revving.
buddhakwake
Re: Lotus?   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   8:46 PM     

I've seen a couple of them here in the Coachella Valley, including a pretty little orange Elise in the parking lot of the Best Buy.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Lotus?   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   9:12 PM     

Elise is nice cars and there quick but there max speed is like... 120-135 and that really sucks ass because there very fast getting to that point but after that they wont get anywhere

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Lotus?   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   9:43 PM     

Top speed is a drag limited 141 mph, which is kinda low, but not too bad considering the engine is only 1.8 liters and not very high on torque or hp overall (compared to its weight it's not too bad, but it could still use more).

Jet
Re: Lotus?   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   10:45 PM     

all in all though that is still a stock car you are talking about so it is pretty good

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Lotus?   Posted Fri Jun 17, 05   8:32 AM     

Ive seen Elise's with B18C5's and K20A2's in them, and lets just say they diddnt look very close to stock anymore.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
Jet
Re: Lotus?   Posted Fri Jun 17, 05   3:24 PM     

ok but still a stock elise is still pretty good

FastFiveO
Re: Lotus?   Posted Sun Jun 19, 05   10:35 PM     

yes they look got and quick getting to that but even my brothers focus has hit 145 and not been near maxed so.. i dunno.. byt yeah there quick and look sweet

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
nuck
Re: Lotus?   Posted Mon Jul 25, 05   1:32 PM     

man lotus cars are just for old men goin through a mid life crisis but they are amazing track cars
the cars just aint practicle for people over 5" 8

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Lotus?   Posted Mon Jul 25, 05   4:29 PM     

What about Nismo400R's, are those practical?

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
nuck
Re: Lotus?   Posted Mon Jul 25, 05   6:03 PM     

hell yeah mother trucker well practical down the shop in 2 secs and i can fit in it without having to cut a hole in the roof

SweetNeon

Re: Lotus?   Posted Mon Jul 25, 05   9:55 PM     

they are pretty fun to drive, i use to have a lotus customer back in the day, his car was always fun to drive the shit out of

rabidronin
Re: Lotus?   Posted Tue Jul 26, 05   5:17 AM     

Dont forget about the new Lotus Exige.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2