This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 24809

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ricers   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   4:37 PM     

Then why dont other countries use Crown Victorias? I'll tell you why, its because no country is going to support a company that doesnt bring any money in. It would be stupid for the US to start importing the police Skylines from Japan when they can get domestic cars at a discount, and support one of the biggest companies in the US. Now PLEASE go read a book.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: ricers   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   4:46 PM     

Not to mention, fleet sales (like to governement agencies and rental car companies) are where the domestics make their money, so they do everything they can to keep sales to those people up. But for examles that support Rx's idea, look at Italy and lambo police cars. They didn't buy Porsches did they?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
NotoriouS187
Re: ricers   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   6:16 PM     

your right and worng.......I dont care about discounts...I saying American cars are better and stronger than imports...enough said, and you go read a book or talk to a old timer....dont bother replying if you do you have too much time on your hands...

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ricers   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   11:28 PM     

Dont you mean, "Dont bother replying, cuz if you do, I will look like an idiot.....again." Im sure government agencies love paying for all of the gas that those things eat up, not to mention how many cops die because of vehicle fires. The entire car could be made out of lead, but it doesnt mean shit if it burns from the inside out, so there goes your "strength".

Samir "Office Space"
thecardinal6

Re: ricers   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   12:27 PM     

I like fords, my Dad used to have a 1988 F-150, but then he sold it and got a Chevy. I guess the moral of this story is that if you want a truck, sell your Ford and buy a Chevy (or a hummer). ; )

I will not hesitate to beat your a** with your own shoe m***** f*****
-LAPD Officer
thecardinal6

Re: ricers   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   12:30 PM     

Oh, and how did we get into a debate about police cars any way? I thought this was about some dudes "old Ford".

I will not hesitate to beat your a** with your own shoe m***** f*****
-LAPD Officer
buddhakwake
Re: ricers   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   12:44 PM     

These posts always ramble around to two or three topics. You get used to it. It keeps things from getting boring at least.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: ricers   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   8:45 PM     

moral of your story your dad is a dimwit and bought a weaker truck with less power hummers are good yea.. but landrovers are better

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: ricers   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   11:31 PM     

Well, that depends on whether you're talking about the real hummer (h1) or the yukon with a new body (h2). The real hummer was a mitlitary vehicle and was much better for it's purpose (going offroad) than a landrover (although I saw one of those running in an LA freeway chase that ran on three wheels and it's brake rotor, then two wheels and two brak rotors, shortly after that he ended up in the median). H2s aren't hummers and are an insult to the name.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ricers   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   10:59 AM     

I've never seen a soccer mom drive an H1

Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: ricers   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   11:42 AM     

My point exactly. That's because an h1 is almost strictly for off-road use (unless you're the governator out here in California). That's what it's built for, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better off-road performer. Of course, there's also the price tag of around 90 grand that puts it out of reach of most soccer moms.

Riceracer
Re: ricers   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   2:18 PM     

and the fact that h2s go like 5 miles to the gallon.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ricers   Posted Fri Jun 17, 05   8:34 AM     

Not even the moms buying the cars. Theres this young girl (and I say girl because she practically is one) married to like this 70 year old man who makes millions, and shes got a new BMW 5 series, an Excursion, a Navigator, a Rodeo, a Yukon XL, a G35, and a golf cart to go get her mail. I wish I could be a whore sometimes.

Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: ricers   Posted Fri Jun 17, 05   11:09 AM     

It does seem worth it at times doesn't it. Especially when you see one driving around in a brand new 5 series and you're struggling to save money for a new suspension system.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ricers   Posted Fri Jun 17, 05   10:30 PM     

Not even, I just got 6 bills from my parents for graduation so I can buy some Rotas with tires.

Samir "Office Space"
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3