This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1690

Papasmurf89
Cars Recommended By Other People...   Posted Thu May 12, 05   7:03 PM     

Hi,

I was looking around another forum and for a novice car they recommended the 240SX, 300ZX, MR2 Turbo, and a Prelude. Would you agree that these are also good cars for a novice?

Thanks!

buddhakwake
Re: Cars Recommended By Other People...   Posted Thu May 12, 05   11:28 PM     

I'd recommend the 240SX and the MR2 in non-turbo, the others might be a bit much for a novice (depending on how "novice you actually are", like have you ever learned to recover from a spin where the tail kicks out or had any training in driving other than for everyday use). But otherwise, yeah they are at the minimum decent cars, and can be really good cars if you fix them up right and know what you are doing behind the wheel.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Cars Recommended By Other People...   Posted Fri May 13, 05   12:25 AM     

Notice every car except one is RWD, and are a few of the import worlds finest cars. I had a Legend for the longest time, and the day i had to drive my LS400, the change to RWD made all the difference in the world.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Cars Recommended By Other People...   Posted Fri May 13, 05   10:25 PM     

Well, RWD (and good AWD like the new Acura AWD) are for drivers. FWD takes too much of the skill and fun of driving out of the equation, but it's generally safer for the average automobile user.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Cars Recommended By Other People...   Posted Tue May 17, 05   1:57 PM     

300ZX's are nice but because of the all wheel stearing it tends to over stear 240's are ok but there slow and mr2's have decent handeling but miata's are supreme or s2000's

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger