This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1839

totaleclipse99
Speedomoter Calibration   Posted Thu Apr 28, 05   11:59 AM     

I have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse GS and i purchased a set of 17" enkie rims. After I installed the rims, I noticed that my speedometer is reading 55mph when I am going 60mph. I am just wondering if that there is anyone who may be able to tell me if there is a calibration tool out on the market, or if there are and options that I have at getting this fixed. I have already tried local shops and even the mitsu dealership with no luck. Thank You

hooyeah
Re: Speedomoter Calibration   Posted Thu Apr 28, 05   2:21 PM     

i do believe a supership type thing will be able to recalibrate speedos..i know they do on trucks but i cant give you a brand sorry

5 minute rice...im assuming they're reffering to 0-60 times
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Speedomoter Calibration   Posted Thu Apr 28, 05   6:22 PM     

Yeah, I saw some TV show on the Speed network where they build trucks, and they had this little computer that connects up to yoru ECU and re-calibrates your speed. All you had to do was enter in the size of the rim, and the tire size.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Speedomoter Calibration   Posted Fri Apr 29, 05   10:20 AM     

you could always just figure out how much bigger (percentage wise) your new wheel and tire package is than stock and do the math in your head. And remember, when you put on larger wheels and tires you also screw with (in essence if not directly with the gears themselves) your gear ratio, slowing down your acceleration while boosting top speed (as long as your engine can overcome the extra drag and weight at speed). Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone reading this didn't realize.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.