This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 5739

D15powerd
Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   3:21 PM     

It has come to my attention that there are a few of you that are getting your liscense in the up coming months and are trying to find out what we be the best car to get to modify and have fun with. Please read on....

*Disclaimer*
First of all, let me just say that if you have all intention of your first car being a 500hp beast...get real. Do yourself a favor and get a grip. That's great if you can afford this car but your driving skills are NO WHERE UP TO PAR in order to handle that much power. We all like going fast, but be smart....drive safe. I would like to see you live to graduate from high school. Don't drive like an idiot, this isn't the Fast and the Furious and you're sure as shit not Brian Earl Spillner....this is the real world. TICKETS, ACCIDENTS, and JAIL TIME are all a reality. Since i got my liscense 5 years ago i've been in three total'd car accidents, have gotten numberous tickets, and i have friends on probation and serving 3-year sentences in Prison. Don't learn the hard way, insurance is expensive and tickets add up.
*Disclaimer*

New Cars:

If you're parents can fork up the cash...here are some cars to look more in depth into and offer alot of aftermarket support.
-2006 Civic Si Concept
-RSX Type-S
-WRX STi
-Scion Tc
-EVO 8
These cars offer a lot of support and have the best platform from the factory for modification. They have good engines to begin with so you don't need to swap anything.

Used Cars:

The rest of you are in this boat....

Honda/Acura
-'90-93 Acura Integra LS, RS, and GS-R
-'94-00 Acura Integra LS, RS, GS-R, and Type-R
-'88-91 Honda Civic CRX
-'88-91 Honda Civic Hatchback 2DR
-'92-95 Honda Civic Hatchback
-'92-96 Honda Prelude Si VTEC
-'97+ Honda Prelude Si VTEC or SH
-'01+ Acura RSX
-'01+ Honda Civic Si Hatchback

these hondas have the most aftermarket support. They can be made very fast with an engine swap and some only need a head swap (rsx and integra). The best bang for your buck in my opinion. They are easy to work on, to maintain, and pretty cheap too. Take a small civic and put a big engine like a K20A in it and you have a street killer capable of sub 12's.

more editing to come....feel free to contribute.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

buddhakwake
Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   3:59 PM     

Great post. I have to say though, that I think the tC (which I own) could really benefit from an engine swap. That's why I'm trying to figure out if the gs300 v6 or one of the camry v6s will fit into it. Hard to find info though, apparently I'm the first person to try to work it out (or maybe just the first person to try to figure it out before actually trying to do it).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   4:23 PM     

Seriously, Bravo.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
italian_ninja
Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   10:59 PM     

Definitly a good post. I have a friend serving time too and my brother also has a few buddies in the pen. I agree, never drive stupidly and if you cant handle your car then dont try making it faster just cuz you think its gonna make you look cooler. always drive safe

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Sun Apr 24, 05   10:25 AM     

"well wat i wuz thinkin wuz dat i wuz gon get a type r and put a turbo but i decided on s2000. if i cant find 1 of dem den i will get a nsx and turbo it which one of these is faster i rellly wanna start street racing" << Typical retarted noob post, hopefully they read yours.

Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Sun Apr 24, 05   10:33 AM     

Odds are (based on other forums I belong to on cars and computers) they won't read this thread first, but here's to hoping.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
talljosh85
Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Mon Apr 25, 05   10:37 PM     

Well written, but I'd keep new drivers away from an Sti (or regular WRX for that matter) and the Evo as well. Just too much power despite AWD and solid brakes. Good suggestions otherwise.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Sun May 1, 05   9:02 AM     

Bump for noobs.

Samir "Office Space"
NotoriouS187
Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   6:28 PM     

why is the crappy ass tc in there for man? comeon

buddhakwake
Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   6:45 PM     

the tC is hardly a crappy ass car. Go to Jotech motorsports for one example of how it can be built up. it may not have monster power numbers, but that's why I'm looking into a v6 engine swap for it. It handles great, and it can't be beat by any other car in its price range.

thecardinal6

Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   7:37 PM     

Drive safe. Best advice iv'e seen on a post in awhile. Good car advice too. No Audis though.

I will not hesitate to beat your a** with your own shoe m***** f*****
-LAPD Officer
Jet
Re: Cut back on "First Car" Posts   Posted Thu Jun 16, 05   8:38 PM     

great post

You just go into a trance once you hear the engine revving.