This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1297

D15powerd
Opinions on the New Civic Si?   Posted Thu Apr 21, 05   11:37 AM     

If you guys have been paging through any of the current Import or Sport Compact magazines you've probably noticed by now the new Honda Civic Si concept car for 2006. What do you guys think of this car? It sounds like it could be a really nice platform to work from in my opinion.

Aside from the kinda goofy rear spoiler, this car has alot of good potention, mainly the hint of a K20A2 platform. Being powered by the same engine as the RSX Type-S and most likely tiping the scales at close to that of an RSX or slimmer, this engine has mad potential. With the bloming of the K20A aftermarket in light of the new EG, EK, and EF honda swap kits, you can now get these engines pumping out upwards of 250whp with just a few bolt-ons. The max horsepower numbers seem to keep rising as the days go on and people get more money to buy more mods. I think the most I've seen currently has been 270whp in all motor form with 300whp not that far away. (see www.K20A.org for more details)

Just imagine 300whp ALL MOTOR in your little Civic or the insanity of this engine in a gutted CRX! This car should be quite a contender for the new scion Tc. I'll be curious as to how this car developes and comes off of the assembly line in the months to come.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

buddhakwake
Re: Opinions on the New Civic Si?   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   12:43 PM     

I think it looks like a much better choice than the current hatchback si, and that engine definitely is going to be a killer in that car. I really like the lines of the car, it's got a great look.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Opinions on the New Civic Si?   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   4:26 PM     

It looks like rice straight from the factory. For thsi first time, body kits will actually serve a purpose. They would never make the Civic faster than the Integra, thats just sacreligious blasphemy.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"