This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3153

goththug520
Question   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   9:01 AM     

i ve always loved cars and iv been into imports for a while im about to buy my second car my first was a 1989 beretta gt. well i am wondering what would be a good choice for me being on a tight budget. and another question what size motor came stock in the mitsu mirage and was there ever a four door version.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Question   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   4:55 PM     

My brain is telling me 1.5, but my heart says no. I know they made a 4 door version.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: Question   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   5:08 PM     

We just totalled my friends' Mirage, i think it was a 2.0L if i recall right. Slow as hell. If you're going to buy an import....get a good one, don't try to re-invent the scene by getting a Mirage. You can't go wrong with:

Honda/Acura:
'91+ Integra and RSX (type-S only)
'88+ Civic 2dr or hatchback
Mitsubishi:
'90+ Eclipse (turbo only, all-wheel drive preferably)
Mazda:
anything rotary, probably the old RX-7's are best on a budget.

Pick a car that has vast aftermarket support, a mitsubishi mirage is not one of those cars.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

goththug520
Re: Question   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   6:44 AM     

i was not plaining on getting one i was asking because some dude over by my school blew they whole thing up and my friend and i wasnt sure that it was one or not. thanks alot

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Question   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   9:55 PM     

He wasnt sure if he had a Mirage or not?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: Question   Posted Fri Apr 15, 05   11:06 AM     

I had to re-read the question a few times but i think i know what he wants now. I believe the Mirage came in the four door, i thought i saw one in a mag that they converted to look like an old EVO. As far as a good choice for a car? How much money do you have to spend? Like they always say: CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE....pick two.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

hooyeah
Re: Question   Posted Sat Apr 16, 05   2:46 AM     

define tight budget and yes they came 4 door

beeyotch...shit lol
T_e_Jay
Re: Question   Posted Wed Apr 20, 05   1:22 AM     

i'm from australia and mirage's look sik with tinted taillights and go fast wid d 4G93

JcAus
Re: Question   Posted Wed Apr 20, 05   8:32 PM     

I would have to say that a 4G63 turbo is better for both applications US Mirage (Aust Lancer 2 door or 4 door)

JC

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.