This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3321

italian_ninja
79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Fri Apr 8, 05   2:43 PM     

i Have a 1979 Toyota Celica GT and im not quite sure what to do to it. it has a 22R motor thats not putting out that much HP. any advice is welcome

buddhakwake
Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Fri Apr 8, 05   8:45 PM     

See my other reply, toysport.com.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
buddhakwake
Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Sun Apr 10, 05   2:56 PM     

Just posted a bunch of info off of the Toysport website about modding the 22R engine. Have fun with it.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
buddhakwake
Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Sun Apr 10, 05   3:08 PM     

And by the way, you're putting out somewhere between 96 and 105 hp and about 130 torque. but if you read the full post I put up, fully built, you might hit as much as 350 hp with the turbo, so it's got potential.

italian_ninja
Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Sun Apr 10, 05   11:05 PM     

hey just wanted to say thanx for all your help. i already have an add in the classifieds for a 22RTE engine

buddhakwake
Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Mon Apr 11, 05   8:13 PM     

No problem man, always willing to help if I can (and if the person asking is nice like you and not a dickhead like a few recent additions).

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Tue Apr 12, 05   4:45 PM     

So whose the dickhead?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Tue Apr 12, 05   4:52 PM     

well, basically all of the people who come on here and the first thing they post is about how their car can beat anything and everything on the road, and those weirdos who come on like 3 wheel what's his name who say stupid nonsense things and then seem to get pissed when anyone reacts.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Tue Apr 12, 05   7:19 PM     

Oh, so basically anybody with the name Fast 4.9 or above, correct?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   5:25 PM     

"well, basically all of the people who come on here and the first thing they post is about how their car can beat anything and everything on the road, and those weirdos who come on like 3 wheel what's his name who say stupid nonsense things and then seem to get pissed when anyone reacts. "

amen brother....

as far as the Celica goes, try searching on SuperStreet Magazine's website....i think they had a feature on one specific black 79 GT that was sick as fuck. I had the link somewhere but can't find it now, sorry.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

italian_ninja
Re: 79 Toyota Celica GT What should I do?   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   10:53 AM     

alright thanx for the help if you happen to come acroos the link i would be grateful if you could send it to me