This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 19138

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First Car   Posted Mon Apr 18, 05   8:21 PM     

I always find a way to make a Honda look better then anything Toyota can throw at me. I do like the older Toyotas like the MR2, old Celica, MK III and MKIV Supras and such.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: First Car   Posted Tue Apr 19, 05   11:04 AM     

That's why I haven't gotten rid of my 1989 MR2, cause I like the way it looks and it has one of the best (if not the best) toyota engines to tune, the 4ag. But I love the looks of my tC.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
D15powerd
Re: First Car   Posted Thu Apr 21, 05   11:20 AM     

Thumbs up to the 4AG engine....go hatchiroku go!!!!

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

OneSlowCavi
Re: First Car   Posted Thu Apr 21, 05   2:50 PM     

If you have grandparents willing to foot the money I would go with the SRT 4. It has the most power for the money and is known to put out more hp than what the factory rates it at. At least this is according to Sport Compact Car. Also no one has said anything about the final generation prelude sh. Very sharp cars and come with about 210 hp stock. A friend of mine had one and it was a very fun car to drive. I am sure you could get a nice one with basic bolt ones and low miles for around 20 thousand.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First Car   Posted Thu Apr 21, 05   4:19 PM     

Why bother get an SH? The Preludes are too expensive for what they are,and are expensive to mod. For that amount of money, I could buy an RX-7 and leave it alone,or better yet, pay an extra $4,000 and buy an old NSX.

Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: First Car   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   2:50 PM     

word. I've seen old NSX's go for mid $20k, good luck with the insurance though...let the ass raping begin.

If you're going to buy a new car...get something that is factory turbo'd. Whether it be an STI, EVO 8, SRT-4, Turbo Eclipse, RX-7....you pick your poison, but with a car that's turbo'd from the factory it's safe to say that's the bottom end is built fairly well to support extra hp and all you really need to do is crank up the boost and add more fuel. Power with the turn of a knob.

If you're getting a used car you have too many options to list. Do you want to go Turbo? All-Motor? It's a matter of personal preference really, both can be made fast (turbo more so of course) on a reasonable budget. If your mechanic skills aren't up to date though....just save yourself the headache and get a nice new car with a warantee. Go out and look and find a car that suits you. It's hard to just tell someone to get a Honda and do this and that....in the end I just built you a car....you didn't build one of your own and you aren't as attached to it. Go look around and see what you like....then come back to us about how to make it faster.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First Car   Posted Fri Apr 22, 05   4:28 PM     

If i had the $25,000 I would so pick up an NSX.

Samir "Office Space"
Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)