This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 3185

bignick3303

tranny   Posted Thu Mar 3, 05   11:36 AM     

anyways im just curious. i know everytime u pop the e brake and start burning them tires it does put wear on ur tranny. i know that u can wear out ur clutch and such but im just wondering if every time u do that does it ever affect ur motor in any way. or does it simply just stick to wearing out ur tranny?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: tranny   Posted Thu Mar 3, 05   4:45 PM     

Imagine trying to pull a carriage with 2 wheels, both in the back. Now imagine trying to pull it with both wheels locked. It sort of adds more resistance.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
3_wheeler_69
Re: tranny   Posted Fri Mar 4, 05   3:59 AM     

IF U MEAN TRANNY - IS IT TRANSVESTITE BCAUSE I AM ONE AND LOVE STREET RACING, CAN WE MEET SOMETIME 4 RACING THEN AFTERS.........

I AGREE THERE IS RESISTANCE SOMETIMES BUT JUST GO WITH IT

bignick3303

Re: tranny   Posted Fri Mar 4, 05   9:55 AM     

so then what would it do to motor?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: tranny   Posted Fri Mar 4, 05   4:28 PM     

It would put more strain on the motor ; now how much more, I dont know, and your definitely on the way to rendering your E-brake useless.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
3_wheeler_69
Re: tranny   Posted Sat Mar 5, 05   10:53 AM     

who cares about the e-brake keep it to the maxxxxxxxxx, push it as far as it can go, then push it further u bad ass street racing downtime posse homie loving gangsta racing sweethearts!!

I'm in Vegas full tank of gas, wife locked in the boot - driving my way to freedom from the cops!
buddhakwake
Re: tranny   Posted Sat Mar 5, 05   11:38 AM     

Won't necessarily cause immediate damage, but each time you do it, you put added strain on all the moving parts in the engine, similar to the damage that can come from lugging it too much or over-revving it too much. Th e first damge that will be really noticeable will be to the trans and possibly clutch (if it's a manual).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
89civichatchman

Re: tranny   Posted Sun Mar 6, 05   10:53 PM     

aaaaahhhhh!!! Unless you have the money to waste on buying all sorts of new parts for your car I would stop destroying my car imediatly! Every time you burn out using youre e-brake you strain youre motor, and over time it will tear up your trans and youre motor. Now this is just my opinion but if it was me i would not take the risk of tearing up my car and i would save my trans and motor for the racing and not blow it up before hand. Shure burning em' off is fun and looks mad cool but its up to you to decide if its worth damaging your car.

My advice keep it fresh clean and keep the burn outs to a min. especialy on the start line!

bignick3303

Re: tranny   Posted Mon Mar 7, 05   12:00 AM     

naw man..im not just another ricer that burns off for the hell of it all the damn time. its just that my tranny is already messed up and im gettin a new one. i was sold a faulty bearing and that in turn messed up my tranny. my 4th gear is gone. reverse dont work and fifth wont stay in. so i figured hell im gettin all new parts anyways i might as well have fun this one time with tranny. so i poped up e break and started to fuckin wear down that tranny to its last drop. but believe me, when it comes to burning out i dont do it for the hell of it. every time i think about doing it i remind myself that its gonna cost me money, money i really dont have right now. so i think ill take the smart route instead of trying to look cool route. thanks again for help......

-nick