This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 40487

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5  
blasteracer24
first car   Posted Sat Jan 8, 05   7:38 PM     

what is a good car to get for a first. i want to get it noe im 14 and i want to hook it up for when im 16?????

lancerfantic
Re: first car   Posted Sat Jan 8, 05   7:46 PM     

just go for a lancer lol i think they r truly the best add neons bam

yo this is for the lancers
blasteracer24
Re: first car   Posted Sat Jan 8, 05   7:51 PM     

say the most i could pay was like 1500 at the most? would a accord be ne good? and its got to be standard.

MuscleCarGuy
Re: first car   Posted Sat Jan 8, 05   10:54 PM     

Youre not gonna find anything for $1500 that you will be able to fix up cheaply. People want $1500 for a car with a cracked block if it looks good. I wouldnt mod anything I bought for $1500 it would be a waste of money.

buddhakwake
Re: first car   Posted Sun Jan 9, 05   7:25 AM     

If you are willing to give up looks for performance (which most people who acutally care about cars would be), then you should be able to find a honda that runs well, but looks like hell for about 1500 bucks. Then you can spend some more money fixing up the works to make it run better. But for the love of G#d and all that is Holy in Cars stay away from the neon and the other FnF garbage until you have a car that can run with the big boys. Or if you aren't stuck on an import, and you are willing to do the work, you should be able to find a decent (but not necessarily running right) domestic that you can spend the two years you have till you can drive wrenching back to life. But remember that no matter what you choose, make the choice because it's what YOU want to do, not because it's what someone else tells you to do.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
blasteracer24
Re: first car   Posted Sun Jan 9, 05   10:26 AM     

i like domestics and imports. I go to a technical highschool and im in automotive so i can bring it to school to fix it. and i would go with engine before looks . ne one in their right mind would go wit engine before looks.

buddhakwake
Re: first car   Posted Sun Jan 9, 05   11:06 AM     

also forgot to mention that volkswagons can be had fairly inexpensively and can acutally be made very fast, plus they are probably even better known than hondas when it comes to books about working on them.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
blasteracer24
Re: first car   Posted Sun Jan 9, 05   11:29 AM     

what kind of vws? i like the gti but they are money.

talljosh85
Re: first car   Posted Sun Jan 9, 05   2:35 PM     

I think he was refering to VW Beetles, the real one, not this fwd bullshit. They are way cheap, have a huge following, can be made very fast, and are a great first car to work on. Mechanically, they are very simple and the parts are probably as cheap as they come. A beetle based dune buggy was the first car I ever really worked on, and I learned a lot about the basics of automobiles by doing so. Also, stay away from the later model, fuel injected (infected) ones.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
buddhakwake
Re: first car   Posted Mon Jan 10, 05   12:09 PM     

I was talking about the beetles. Great cars and like I said, they can actually be made suprisingly fast. Plus as long as you treat them right, they really do last almost forever, great cars to learn on like josh said, and plus it's a great car to get you in the mind set that cars need to be maintained (what with that whole adjusting the valves frequently to keep things in proper order).

importracer06
Re: first car   Posted Mon Jan 10, 05   2:14 PM     

true abotu the engine over looks unless your a dometis ricer that well pay for a focus or neon or if your real pathatik a caviler you might want to look at the 240sx and the 300zx nissans cuz every one in another room said 240sx and my step dad has a tt300zx and his will smoke every thing down here off the line and the down the road

talljosh85
Re: first car   Posted Mon Jan 10, 05   6:12 PM     

Okay, you need to start writing coherent sentences before I kill myself. Normally I'm allright and everybody makes some mistakes, but, your running thoughts are just a pain in the ass the read and difficult to understand. Typing isn't a race so take you time and use some punctuation. Please.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: first car   Posted Mon Jan 10, 05   6:37 PM     

you really need to learn how to type and how to make complete sentences rather than sentence fragments it almost looks like this when every time you try to say anything its really annoying and 240sx isnt fast stock cuz my step neighbor has one and its slow off th eline and down the street.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
b18c1_crx_hf
Re: first car   Posted Wed Jan 12, 05   6:04 AM     

for 1500 you can probably get a running (if lucky) 88-91 civic hatch or crx. they have huge aftermarket support & can be fixed up to look pretty decent IMO. too bad EF's dont do very well with the ladies.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: first car   Posted Wed Jan 12, 05   4:50 PM     

$1500?? Try $500, $300 if it isnt running. You can get a 91 Supra Turbo for $1500.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5