This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 40487

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
CRXkid
Re: first car   Posted Sun Jan 16, 05   4:03 PM     

My brother has a 63 VW Beetle with a Porche 911 motor. It runs 14.7's and can smoke the tires all the way through 3rd. Another good first car is a Toyota Paseo. They make alot of parts for the Paseo.

WRXimprzza

Re: first car   Posted Wed Mar 16, 05   1:15 PM     

dos ne 1 think i can get a lancer for under 4000$?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: first car   Posted Wed Mar 16, 05   4:35 PM     

No, theyre pieces of crap.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
WRXimprzza

Re: first car   Posted Wed Mar 16, 05   6:50 PM     

dude, dont get a lancer, u should get a civic. there chept to fix up and hav alot of mods. like a 00 civic si or a 97 civic

Edited by WRXimprzza (Wed Mar 16, 05   6:50 PM)

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: first car   Posted Wed Mar 16, 05   10:19 PM     

00 Si's arent cheap, and are stolen constantly. The 97 civic I dont quite understand, the EK body diddnt come out until 98?

Samir "Office Space"
WRXimprzza

Re: first car   Posted Thu Mar 17, 05   7:44 AM     

dude, civics hav alot of mods thats my point but the civic si is alot of money and the 97 civic is a easy and chept car to mod

i dont love people, i love camaros, zepplen , and french fries
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: first car   Posted Thu Mar 17, 05   5:12 PM     

The "97" isnt cheap to mod either. Either car will cost the same for parts, give or take 10%, but the results in the Si will be 30% greater than that of a regular Ex.

Samir "Office Space"
nissanzxt
Re: first car   Posted Mon Mar 28, 05   1:14 PM     

ya you can. my dad got one with a brand new stage 2 turbo and it only had 90,000 miles.Man you guys need to stop being idiots

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: first car   Posted Mon Mar 28, 05   5:42 PM     

Yeah you can what? Explain this "Stage 2" turbo. You play too much Gran Turismo.

Samir "Office Space"
Riceracer
Re: first car   Posted Sun Apr 17, 05   9:42 AM     

Beetles suck, and they're ugly.

buddhakwake
Re: first car   Posted Sun Apr 17, 05   10:28 AM     

I've seen beetles (the old ones not the goofy looking new ones) run 12s and 13s. I don't think that's much in the way of sucking. not to mention, there aren't many cars easier to maintain and work on. and as far as them being ugly, they look a hell of a lot better than the 80's mustangs or the back end of the new 5 and 7 series BMWs, or lots of other cars. Personally I think they look pretty good, especially if you chop 'em and give 'em a good paint job.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
D15powerd
Re: first car   Posted Thu Apr 21, 05   11:25 AM     

ughhhhh, stay away from the EK (97-00) model civics. I have an obsession with Electron Blue Pearl Civic Si paint, but OBD2 engines are a complete bitch to work on. They throw nothing but Check engine lights and don't like to be played with that much without getting cranky. If you are going to get the EK civic, swap out the ecu for an OBD1 ecu. They are easier to tune and don't have as many hick-ups when you start messing with the engine.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

OneSlowCavi
Re: first car   Posted Thu Apr 28, 05   2:52 PM     

another car that you can look into and usually with some work can run really well is either the first or second gen eclipse or talon turbos. first you want to try to find the awd version. add the awd with minor engine work and bolt ons you will have a pretty quick car. also down the line you could do what i helped my friend do which is install a t3 turbo kit. the car was pushing a great deal of power and was just a blast to cut open. just make sure that before you do the turbo kit that your engine can handle the higher load of boost. we overlooked this and about 3 months later blew the engine racing one night. it was worth it though when we were pulling on an s4 in 4th gear. that is a different story for a different time though. point is the dsm turbos have the oppertunity to make a great deal of power if they are properly worked on and maintained.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: first car   Posted Thu Apr 28, 05   6:19 PM     

Fuckin things are made of glass.

Samir "Office Space"
italian_ninja
Re: first car   Posted Wed Jun 8, 05   11:24 AM     

True they are made of glass but my sister in law has one that beats a lot of the other cars out at the drag strip. I mean dont get me wrong I dont like eclipses or talons but they can be made to be pretty quick both off the line and down the road.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5