This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 12219

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
bignick3303

transmission   Posted Fri Dec 24, 04   5:41 PM     

pretty much im hearing a sound from the tranny. when i engage the clutch pedal the sound goes away. but when i let it out when im in neutral the sound comes. its not a major sound but i think it could be the flywheel. cause when i dis-engage it to where the gear would kick in thats when the sound comes back. like i said i think it could be flywheel but before i pop that tranny out i wanna make sure and not have to have it stabbed back on just to have someone check it out.

thx

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Sat Dec 25, 04   12:06 AM     

Could be the throwout bearing on your clutch.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Sat Dec 25, 04   10:37 AM     

but thats the thing..i just replaced the clutch and plate with brand new one ..also with brand new throwout bearing and pilot bearing. who knows..maybe i bought a faulty one. if so ill just go exchange it for a good one.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Sat Dec 25, 04   11:09 AM     

Then you installed your clutch incorrectly. Its your throwout bearing. Take it off and put it on again.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Sat Dec 25, 04   3:21 PM     

can it really be installed incorrectly? the throwout bearing only goes on there one way. and after i had it put back on (tranny and all) and drove around this sound was never here. but i guess it wouldnt hurt to atleast look. damn. i hate tranny problems.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Sat Dec 25, 04   4:29 PM     

Yes.

Samir "Office Space"
MuscleCarGuy
Re: transmission   Posted Sat Dec 25, 04   8:28 PM     

It is for sure your throwout bearing. Whoever did your clutch job did it wrong. I had a clutch put in an 82 Jeep and within 10,000 miles the bearing started to make a little whirring noise, then the clutch just burnt up altogether. If I were you I would get my money back from whoever did the job, and if you did it yourself I would suggest professional assistance on the next clutch job so you dont have to keep replacing the throwout bearing.

bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Sun Dec 26, 04   1:39 PM     

well atleast the parts were lifetime waranty. so i i can go back and get a new plate and clutch with throwout bearing as well as pilot bearing. and as for the job it was me that did it. but the weird thing is when i had done this before i didnt have this problem. maybe i overlooked something this time. but explain to me how the throwout bearing could be incorrectly installed. im just here to learn

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Sun Dec 26, 04   2:28 PM     

Possibly backwards. If i were you, i would start going to Honda-Tech.com for my problems.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Sun Dec 26, 04   6:25 PM     

ok i just might.

thx for help

bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Sun Dec 26, 04   6:29 PM     

and this..this right here..just to make sure..can be put on backwards?
http://members.aol.com/FE3N/FE3-TObearing.jpg
http://www.espritfactfile.com/galleries/clutch/images/clutch012.jpg

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Sun Dec 26, 04   10:21 PM     

Yup.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Mon Dec 27, 04   10:41 AM     

how?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Mon Dec 27, 04   12:01 PM     

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1090888

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Mon Dec 27, 04   12:11 PM     

yeah um that really didnt tell me much more than yall have told me here. dont get me wrong. that was a good site to look at. and knowing that its the throwout bearing atleast i know what the problem is. but the thing that i asked that yall didnt answer is how it could be put on the wrong way. and basically how would i check to make sure of that and how to install it the correct way.

once again thx for help...

Pages in this thread: (1) 2