This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 12219

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Mon Dec 27, 04   1:23 PM     

You installed teh bearing itself incorrectly. Read that link I gave you, and it will help immensly. It has to be lined up, and in the proper position.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Mon Dec 27, 04   2:11 PM     

still confused. once again ill read it but like i said i read the whole thing before and i didnt find anything.

bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Mon Dec 27, 04   2:18 PM     

now their saying it might be the input shaft (pilot bearing?) bearing. so are u sure it is the throwout bearing? and once again i was looking on there and it didnt tell me how to line it up or how to tell that the throwout bearing is on there wrong.

bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Mon Dec 27, 04   8:15 PM     

ok ive got sometin more news....

ok now its escalated. im driving from a friends in my car cause its my daily driver. anyways while im gettting of the highway i realize i cant get it into gear. i try downshifting but i cant get into any gear now. i haul it over to a nearby friends house and when im about to tow it home it gets in gear. but it doesnt get in easily. and after i start off in first going about 5 mph i can feel the motor shake. im thinkin its the tranny shakin. so is this good enough evidence to make sure it was the throwout bearing all along.

i no im so frickin repetative on this same question but im just here to update the situation so far.

once again thx for help......

bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Wed Dec 29, 04   2:02 PM     

so it is throwout bearing..nothing else..for sure?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Wed Dec 29, 04   3:52 PM     

Well nothing is for sure,my guess is clutch friction disc and/or pressure plate problems. Hard to engage gears and/or rough engagement usually indicates that the clutch is not fully disengaging, or it could be the clutch master/slave cylinder. I would inspect each one before taking it somewhere.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: transmission   Posted Wed Dec 29, 04   8:30 PM     

cool thx. yeah thats what i did today..well that and take whole motor outta car. im gonna paint it white underneath cause im gonna get the car painted white soon. anyways im gonna go ahead and take the flywheel to a shop tomorrow to be turned and im getting new clutch/plate/throwout bearing/pilot bearing because i had that stuff under warranty. speaking of which im gonna go ahead and just buy a new slave cylinder. hell their only 12 bucks and it wouldnt hurt to put a new one on there since that could be part of the problem too.

once again thx for the help.....

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: transmission   Posted Wed Dec 29, 04   9:47 PM     

No Problem.

Samir "Office Space"
Kutsuju_racing
Re: transmission   Posted Tue Jan 18, 05   8:40 PM     

Damn did you ever get it fixed? I know a lot of people who grease those before they go on??? Put it on Backwards? did you do it yourself or a shop did this? I don't know man you would have to try pretty damn hard to put it on backwards on a honda tranny because the Slots face down just like in your picture. you would have to pull the hell out of those springs to put it on backwards. I couldn't imagine that. but if they did it I wouldn't ever go back cause they don't know how to work on hondas.

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)