This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 4687

integdrft

Integras   Posted Fri Dec 10, 04   9:09 PM     

hey let me hear about your integras. anyone know where i can get a b18c1 for pretty cheap. i am planning on swapping toward the spring. any advice you got for me is welcomed. thanks.

Damn it feels good to be a GANGSTA
bignick3303

Re: Integras   Posted Fri Dec 10, 04   9:48 PM     

where ya live..what area?
..and as for motors..ebay, maybe. either that or just check ur local performance shop. by the way..what kinda car ya got?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Integras   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   9:27 AM     

Never buy anything from Ebay, even if its only a dollar. The cheapest you will find a Gsr motor in SoCal(which is where they happen to be the most abundant) is around 900-1200 bucks with no mounts. You could get an Xsi motor from japan, which is cheaper, but actually ends up costing more because of shipping, and you would need the cabel tranny and ECU and such to go with it.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: Integras   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   10:30 AM     

well i guess u might have a point for buying motors off of ebay now that i think about it. but other stuff for motors are good on there. shoot i bought me my avid racing mounts off of there and their as good as new. ive also boughten some other stuff (motor wise) for my car thats actually been good quality, no cheap shit.

buddhakwake
Re: Integras   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   11:38 AM     

All you have to do is make sure that the seller is real and honest and you have no problems, but the thing is that there are a lot of crooks on ebay (just like in the rest of life really).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
integdrft

Re: Integras   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   8:44 PM     

I live near charlottesville and richmond, right between them. about the engines..... i have considered getting it off of ebay. when i do get it though, i want to get a complete swap. is there really alot of crooks on ebay, that is were i got my coilovers from.

Damn it feels good to be a GANGSTA
buddhakwake
Re: Integras   Posted Sun Dec 12, 04   7:19 AM     

There are a lot of crooks, but there are a lot of honest people too, you just have to check out the sellers as best you can. I know people who buy and sell on ebay, and they say that there are crooks on both sides (buying and selling) but it just requires watching who you buy form and checking their records and feedback on ebay.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Integras   Posted Sun Dec 12, 04   10:21 AM     

Im telling you right now not to buy from Ebay. Never buy a motor without getting a chance to look at it first. You dont know what kind of damage it has, and more often then not, the seller will ofter "forget" that issue.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: Integras   Posted Sun Dec 12, 04   10:29 AM     

heres a place where u wont get screwed over. they give you the complete swap. everything such as motor,tranny,wiring harness,all the cables u need, ecu, distributor, complete intake manifold, powersteering pump, alternator, a/c, plus ur brackets and sensors. http://www.japandomesticmotor.com/

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Integras   Posted Sun Dec 12, 04   12:11 PM     

$2800 for a Gsr motor?? RIP OFF! you can go find your own at a junkyard for 900. If the guy says he doesnt have one, ask him to check on the "hotline" to see if anybody else does.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: Integras   Posted Sun Dec 12, 04   1:40 PM     

actually its not for all ur getting. and when u say u can get a gsr for 900....does that include all the stuff you can get from that website i showed you. if so then wow..that is a good deal.