This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2657

bignick3303

honda s2000   Posted Sun Nov 28, 04   2:54 PM     

im wondering if a s2000 could be built close to 1000hp. i always see how the supra is the main car that gets acknowledged for its capability of getting 1000hp+. its just that ive really never seen a s2000 pull of something like that yet. im seeing people putting on superchargers more than i see them do turbos. has anyone seen a s2000 or heard of one that was built with high hp? or is it not possible to get it that high cause of engine?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: honda s2000   Posted Sun Nov 28, 04   3:52 PM     

Its only a 2.0 so i doubt you can get weven to 600 or 800. Nobody turbos it because i havent seen a kit available for it, and the compression is way high.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: honda s2000   Posted Sun Nov 28, 04   8:38 PM     

i didnt even take that into consideration. the fact that it is a 2.0 L. i just saw it as a tight rwd car that honda came out with and that maybe it had the potential of having high hp. o well. it was a good enough dream to have.

evopanop
Re: honda s2000   Posted Sun Nov 28, 04   8:44 PM     

Yes, the S2k IS a 2.0L, but just being a 2.0L shouldn't hinder it's power output at all. Although, the compression ratio is very high. A better starting point would be the newer S2k's with the 2.2L, drop the compression ratio, and turbo the heck out of it. Most all of it would have to be custom, though. If the 2.0L 3S-GTE from the MR2 Turbo can make 800 HP, I see no reason why the S2k's engine can't make similar numbers. I believe the S2k does have an aluminum block, though, so that may become a problem...

[External Image Removed]

Edited by evopanop (Sun Nov 28, 04   8:44 PM)

talljosh85
Re: honda s2000   Posted Tue Nov 30, 04   9:45 PM     

Well, the motor was never designed to do it, but, then again, neither was the B20. I think it could be done, but it would be incredibly difficult and expensive. Its a high compression, low displacement, high revving 4 banger. Maybe if it was bored and stroked to the nth degree, sleeved for strength, fully built inside and out, I mean, Offenhauser motors were making tons of power with relatively small displacements and DOHC, but, then again, they were designed to do it. Hmm, I don't think anyone has done it because, well, besides the obvious price, difficulty, and fact that the motor won't last but a very short time, there are just better options out there, even in the limited realm of rwd Hondas (the NSX comes to mind). Oh yeah, and the Supra's motor is a kickass power plant all around, its built to make power right from the factory. Lots of power. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
shelby_gt500
Re: honda s2000   Posted Fri Dec 3, 04   9:06 AM     

ya i have down south in florida at a car tuners shop 4 sale.$2000 good deal i'm paying payments on it.