This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 7011

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
d93civichatch16
need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Fri Oct 22, 04   6:50 PM     

i have a 93 civic hatchback with a sohc vtec in it isnt it supposed to be d16 the valve cover says d15 ????

D15powerd
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Sat Oct 23, 04   1:52 AM     

The 92-95 honda civic only had two sohc vtec engines:
D16Z6 (Si hatchback)
D15Z1 (VX hatchback)
you most likely have the D15Z1 engine with the lame "economy" vtec and about 30 less hp than the Z6 engine.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

NotoriouS187
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   5:34 PM     

dude dont even hook it up 93 is too old bro get a 2000 si with the stick on the dash

NotoriouS187
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   5:34 PM     

dude dont even hook it up 93 is too old bro get a 2004 si with the stick on the dash

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   5:39 PM     

You dont know what your talking about. Just because its new doesnt mean that it is faster. The 04' Si is still the same 160 hp as the 00' Si, its just a 2.0. If he were smart, and were looking to buy a new car, I would suggest the standard B18 swap into an EP hatch.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
NotoriouS187
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   5:46 PM     

yo bro i dident say it was faster....It looks hotter though and you know it does....

FastFiveO
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Sat Nov 6, 04   12:41 AM     

why get a newer si with a dick shifter (what it looks like). if i had to pick id get a older one.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
import_showdown
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Sat Nov 6, 04   6:41 AM     

what if he dont care what it looks like because if he fix's his it will look as nice and if he makes a engine swap it will be faster why go buy more expensive car?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Sat Nov 6, 04   9:03 AM     

Anytime someone makes a comment telling someone to go to the performance side, you make some stupid bitch statement complaining about it. Anytime someone makes a comment saying to go to the ricer side, you do the same thing. Why dont you just pick a side and make a stand you little shit. Its bad enough taht yoru a fucking kid thinking that you can go toe to toe with us, but its worse when you switch sides.

Samir "Office Space"
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Sat Nov 6, 04   9:07 AM     

Well my brother has one of the newer model Si's, and the only bad thing about it is that it might be a little heavier, and the redline is that of an Integra LS, only 7200. However, its got significantly more torque, and you can swap the RSX Type S head on it, and youll go flying, and you can also swap in the Type S tranny for that close ratio 6 speed. With I/H/E on the type S head, youll be runnign 13's

Samir "Office Space"
Tazza
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Mon Nov 8, 04   12:03 AM     

Your first problem is its a Honda or whatever other fecked up name you call them in the states. Get rid of it and get a Silvia or 200zx or a R32 Maybe even a Familia.

FastFiveO
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Mon Nov 8, 04   1:29 PM     

remind me about a r32 next time i have 30-40k MK. btw. they only pull the same times as a svt focus, but i do like em.. silvia's look gay to me. amd 200zx = still not cheap to buy... use your brain

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Mon Nov 8, 04   4:38 PM     

Way to totally not help him out Tazza

Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Sun Nov 14, 04   3:40 PM     

It always makes me laugh to here about people ripping on honda's. If you knew anything about engines, you'd keep your mouth shut. The combustion chamber design and head flow characteristics are almost identical to those found on F1 Ferrari engines but on a smaller scale. Flip over the head of a Type-R and that of a Ferrari and you'll be at a loss of words as to which is which.
R32's (i'm guessing the V-dub one) are pretty sick in their own respect, but i'd rather spend that cash on making a shitty honda a fast shitty honda. Congrats if you have a R32, but so does that middle-aged teacher down the street who doesn't know how to pump her own gas....you're not showing you have any automotive knowledge by getting a factory performance car...just that you have a big wallet with a lot of max'd out credit cards.
And the new Si's make me cry. 160hp in a heavier car with lame economy style VTEC, i like the EK (99-00) civic Si way better. The only way i would get the new one is if i could drop a JDM K20 in it w/ the six speed tranny....make it an EP Civic Type-R.
Then i would get a Familia cuz i don't know what that is....fucking dumbass

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

bignick3303

Re: need help with my 93 civic hatch   Posted Sun Nov 14, 04   7:13 PM     

hey d15....how'd u learn so much about cars...cause everytime im on here i keep learning from stuff u type. me i have just learned as i go..noones really taught me anything..well..sept for my dad..but his ass is long gone now. but as for motor work, ive just taught my self. and sure enough..ive been lucky to have done it all right without any mess ups.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2