This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2237

integraracer9x
I've heard a lot, I know a lot... My head hurts...   Posted Wed May 1, 02   12:06 PM     

With all that I know and all that I've heard, I'm getting a little confused. Just help me clarify a few things. First, Why is it that the Integra LS seems to have the best transmission, head, and like everything? Why doesn't the GS,GSR, or Type R have better parts? I know that this doesn't apply to everything, however, I'm curious as to why you see so many people with moded Integra engines, and who use LS transmissions and such? I've been looking for the answer to this for a while, however, I can never get a strait answer about any of these parts and their capabilites. Help, my head hurts...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
PyroSage
Re: I've heard a lot, I know a lot... My head hurts...   Posted Wed May 1, 02   12:53 PM     

I like to say that the LS is the most "mod"able..lol...theres so many prospective mods to add to the LS engine..but whats funny is...the GSR and GS engine is almost exactly like the LS. lol. Most people seem to overlook that. If I'm wrong, correct me, but i dont think i am. Type R is kinda like...restricted on the mod level..but its still good. So yeah, combine and make an awesome engine..

Fay-Town Import Kidz
novaboy

Re: I've heard a lot, I know a lot... My head hurts...   Posted Wed May 1, 02   1:06 PM     

well its not quite like that. but. ok. the gsr has the better parts really. the ls has a higher final gear to make up for its low hp. kinda like 4.10 gears in a diff. the type r tranny is by far the best tranny. keeps you in vtec the whole time. people put in the ls final to up there gear ratio. i think the best thing to do would be a crv block, typ r head, with integ. r intake and civic r exhaust cam, and a integ r tranny with an ls final...mmmmmm

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: I've heard a lot, I know a lot... My head hurts...   Posted Thu May 2, 02   8:06 AM     

Interesting hybrid... hmm... hybrid... that just gave me an idea... hmm...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
Kutsuju_racing
Re: I've heard a lot, I know a lot... My head hurts...   Posted Thu May 2, 02   5:22 PM     

people who use the LS tranny is for turbo because the gears are taller and you can take advantage of the turbo....and for the ITR tranny it's just all around bad ass....it's third gear is wicked and then nova was right it keeps it in Vtec range real nice plus it has a limited slip diff. or you can use a vtec controller to just lower you vtec and have it there the whole time anyway...there's a lot of things you can do......You have to start with you car first and then go from there....if the cars big enough I would go with a Jap spec type S 2.2 220HP that's out of the box.....why mess with a crv when it's still a 2.0 migh as well go for the gusto!

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
novaboy

Re: I've heard a lot, I know a lot... My head hurts...   Posted Thu May 2, 02   6:18 PM     

true but is the .2 liters worth loosing the sweet b series trannies. cus the only tranny that hooks up to the prelude engine is well a prelude tranny. correct me if im wrong. but i guess the tranny must be ok cus steph used it. so. only think is that the swap for the 2.2 is gonna be more.

novaboy