This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 7825

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
ThePorsche
Porsche Fan   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   6:42 AM     

Hey guys.
I'm new here and just have one question.

Is anyone here a fan of Porsche other than me?

I own a '73 911 Carrera.

BlownGTP

Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   8:06 AM     

Yeah, cool cars but i don't know much abouth them. Welcome to the board. Nice to see a guy register that doesnt have a fucking civic.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
buddhakwake
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   8:25 PM     

I love Porches, but a bit beyond my price range (especially with insurance). I even tried to find a Porche engine to put in my MR2, but realized that it would have been a technical nightmare, not to mention (as much as I love my MR2) a bit of a waste of an engine.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
buddhakwake
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   8:31 PM     

Hey, there's no need to bag on civics so much, it's a versatile car. Oh and I personally have never owned a honda car (a cr 80 dirtbike) and I do own two toyotas and have owned a third toyota and a 1976 Chevy El Camino, which I would still be using were it not for the smog laws here in California.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
SweetNeon

Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   10:13 PM     

i droped a 3.8 in your body car, man those are good lookin cars but the early models are so fucking light i couldnt control it very much @ 120 mph+

buddhakwake
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   10:55 PM     

yeah, they do get a bit squirrely in the triple digits, but that lightness was what I wanted to exploit, but it was just looking too expensive for my meager means. still have the car, even though the state won't give it a pass for smog, just trying to decide if I should try to turn it into a project car or get rid of it. I sometimes think I'm a bit too sentimental for my own good.

ThePorsche
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   11:05 PM     

I'm lucky.
I have a master mechanic who has done some serious modifying to it. It's almost as fast as a supercar (It gets 175) and only gets squirley once I use the NOS. I also managedto buy the original car for only 5 grand. Quite cheap for the kind of car it is. I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

ThePorsche
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   11:08 PM     

Almost forgot the other reason I'm so lucky. I have some friends that are good at what they do. One works with "Documents" so my car has legal registration, but doesn't exist. The other works in the DMV to cover my plates and any other things I need done if I ever get cought.

BTW: That has never happened. I'm fast enough I can outrun cops.

SweetNeon

Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Wed Oct 13, 04   9:16 PM     

fuck off moron

talljosh85
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   2:25 AM     

can you outrun radio waves? 205mph couldn't.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
ThePorsche
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   7:21 AM     

I never said I could outrun the radar guns. I can outrun the cars themselves.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   4:47 PM     

If you have gusy in the DMV then why cant you get it to pas smog?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
ThePorsche
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   5:35 PM     

I never said I couldn't get it to pass smog.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   9:09 PM     

"still have the car, even though the state won't give it a pass for smog" Yes you did.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
ThePorsche
Re: Porsche Fan   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   10:54 PM     

That wasn't me who said that you idiot!

Read it closely.

That post was done by buddhahwake. Not me!!!

Pages in this thread: (1) 2