This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 7560

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
cntrucking
92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   12:17 PM     

i have a 92 civic automatic, i was wondering what was the best VTEC motor to put in at the lowest cost and least modifications...

also any advice on supercharging it , or my curent dohc 4 cyl

bignick3303

Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   1:45 PM     

wait so u have this civic and also another car with a dohc?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   4:34 PM     

Thats kind of a stupid question. The cheapest will not be the best. The best you could put is a JDM TypeR, the cheapest would be a d series vtec, but thats only a single cam.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   6:24 PM     

hes not saying he wants the absolute best for a good cheap deal..hes saying he wants the best he can get out of whatever budget hes on. lets say he has only 2000 to spend, hes saying he wants the best for whatever he can get for 2000 or around there. ya see what i mean. speaking of whitch..how much money do u have to spend on a motor?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   6:59 PM     

"the best VTEC motor to put in at the lowest cost and least modifications..."

Thats exactly what hes saying.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Thu Sep 23, 04   7:03 PM     

ok didnt i just explain this. if he were to say best then u would tell him best. but since he said at the lowest cost..ahh fuck it..forget this, maybe we should find out how much hes winning to spend. so how much r u willing to spend?

D15powerd
Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Thu Sep 23, 04   7:39 PM     

the best vtec bang for his buck, that's what i think he's asking. Here's a pretty cheap combination that i was planning on doing in upcoming years; hella cheap Ls/Vtec

-Pick up a B16A1 (OBD0) engine long block and use it as a tear apart engine. These run like $650.
-Then pick up a B18A / B bottom end from a junk yard. About $300.
-Find yourself a JDM B16 tranny for your car, either hydro or cable w/ a conversion kit
-Get new engine mounts, B16 Del Sol DOHC VTEC axles from autozone ($70 each), new shift linkage ($75), and a new ecu ($200)

Basically what you are doing is building an OEM Ls/VTEC. Rebuilding the B18 with all B16 internals. Use the B16 pistons, Ls rods (with some ARP bolts), the Ls crank, B16 oil pump and water pump, and put the whole B16 head on it with some Golden Eagle dowel pins. This has got to be one of the cheapest ways to build a Ls/V that i can think of. Then depending on your car, buy a new distributor if it's '92+

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

BlownGTP

Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Sat Sep 25, 04   1:11 PM     

Nice sig. I just noticed that. LOL

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Sun Sep 26, 04   10:04 AM     

So did I, and may I say its funny as hell.

Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Sun Sep 26, 04   1:03 PM     

props to you blownGTP....fucking hilarious

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

rice
Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   6:20 PM     

dude dont wate ur money buy a real car why throw a couple grand into a pos 4 cylinder when u could buy something that actually looks nice and goes fast

dreamer
Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   9:55 AM     

What kind of car do you drive, Rice?

bignick3303

Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   1:27 PM     

could rice be sweet neon..possibly..maybe!//////

dreamer
Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Thu Oct 14, 04   1:42 PM     

Hey bignick, where can I go to see more pics of your ride?

D15powerd
Re: 92 civic needs a vtec   Posted Tue Oct 19, 04   8:22 AM     

"dude dont wate ur money buy a real car why throw a couple grand into a pos 4 cylinder when u could buy something that actually looks nice and goes fast"

ahhhh, spoken like a true domestic guy. Truth of the matter is...you can make a "pos 4 cylinder" faster than a "pos domestic" for half the price. Check out the latest issue of IMPORT RACER and you'll see what i'm talking about. K20A powered CRX pushing 252whp/160lbs and running low 11's ALL MOTOR! Itb's, header, and hondata that's it on a stock engine. I don't know of many domestics that run 11's with a stock engine and minor bolt on's......

Pick up SportCompactCar's new book on "engine and driveline", you may learn a few things about pos 4 cylinders.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2