This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 12889

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
talljosh85
What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Tue Sep 21, 04   12:29 AM     

I figured this post my help increase board participation and pick up some activity, so here it goes:

List your favorite Japanese engine, why it is and what you would do with it, given unlimited funds and abilities?

I'll go first
Engine: 2jzgte, out of the TT Supra here in the States. If I had one and unlimited funds, I'd tear down the block, lower compression pistons, full valvetrain, knife edge crankshaft, ported and polished heads, clean out the oil and coolant passages. Then, two mid size turbos running parallel, maybe t3/t4 hybrids or GT35s, a V-mount intercooler/radiator up front, large oil coolers on both sides, appropriate injectors (I'm not sure what sizes would be required), stand alone management, either the AEM, MoTec or Microtech, huge wastegate(s), sturdy blow off valves, and then a combination of gloss black and polish to make it look nice when the hood is up. I love this motor because its easy to work on, the block is near bulletproof, I can bolt it along with the 6 speed in most rwd cars (with some fabrication of course), and it sounds great revved up. Outside of keeping it in the MKIV Supra or another Toyota, I'd like to put one in an AC Cobra knock off, I think it would be great to fuck around with hot rodders and muscle car guys at meets, the drag strip and on the street. I think a Datsun 510 or BMW 2002 would make good recipients as well.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
bignick3303

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Tue Sep 21, 04   5:58 AM     

umm...do u have a car?i could care less what u want..everyone has a dream motor..hell i want a b20-vtec but thats no news..lots of ppl may want that as well as other motors. i just wanna know if u have a car and what mods u got done to it (preferably motor ones!!)

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Tue Sep 21, 04   6:30 PM     

His car would shit on yours, and thats all you need to know.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Tue Sep 21, 04   8:22 PM     

ha funny. a car shitting. besides that..i was just wondering what kinda car he has...so what..it will shit on mine..i dont care. i know theres always gonna be people faster than me..big deal. THATS LIFE. so back to the question, u gotta toyota, honda, mitsubishi .. etc?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   4:38 PM     

If you diddnt care about being beaten then you wouldnt have done a motor swap on your civic now would you?
BTW from what ive hear, hes got a sweet ass Gen3 Rx7.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   6:08 PM     

well..u gotta point there..but i dont wana be the slowest either. hey what can i say..sohc suck and dohc are better. anyway..sounds cool that he has a rx7. my friends been telling me that he wants one.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   7:00 PM     

I would save up and buy one, but i dont want to buy one with higher than 60K miles cuz i dont wanna spend that much money to rebuild it. Anything you find on autotrader says "needs rebuild".

Samir "Office Space"
JcAus
Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   9:02 PM     

Favourite motor (And on order from Japan) 20B triple rotor Twin sequential Turbo.

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
talljosh85
Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Wed Sep 22, 04   10:13 PM     

I do have a 3rd gen RX-7 as Rxotary_7 said, if you had read the thread regarding what car each user has, you would have seen the car and the mods done to it (at that time). I started this thread in hopes of increasing this activity on the forum. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
cntrucking
Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Thu Sep 23, 04   12:04 PM     

my favorite is an 83 rx-7 with a 12a stripped down of all emisions. ported with 4bbl and headers no clutch fan, super coils and wires and disc/posi rearend with a 5 speed. light fast and very fun, hold her at 8,000 all day , leave 30 feet of posi in 3rd... my kind of fun

bignick3303

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Thu Sep 23, 04   7:00 PM     

cool.yeah i like rx-7's

RiCEBRNR

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Sun Oct 17, 04   1:33 PM     

I love JDM engines, i got a 170hp motor out of a crx si, for '90 civic hatchback and i tell you, it roosts!!!!!

ptpowerneon
Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Mon Oct 25, 04   10:45 PM     

well the engine of my choice is not jdm its usdm. the pt/stratus/minivan 2.4 on my neon good hp and lots ot torque to go around only thing its they are low revvers nothing like a honda to hit 8-9- or even 10k. but im a domestic guy. 2.4 lsd and some boost all i need im building my own turbo kit from oem dodge/mitsu parts and so far its coming out good just runing in to fuel problems the stock system cant handle already got bigger injectors and an safc but now i might need an fmu to keep it runnig good. my car should be done sometime in the end of november mid december

SweetNeon

Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Tue Oct 26, 04   4:37 PM     

where are you from?

ptpowerneon
Re: What is your favorite Japanese Engine?   Posted Tue Oct 26, 04   8:31 PM     

indio i have an emerald green neon now krylon black but soon goin to get an r/t blue paint . i heard you have a pretty quick neon maybe you can help me out working out these damn bugs

Pages in this thread: (1) 2