This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14538

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
95delsol
Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Fri Sep 10, 04   9:00 AM     

I just bought a 1995 Black honda del sol with the works on exterior. 17 inch evelotuionary rims, Blitz body kit, T2 wing, Yea i think you get the point that it looks nice untill you either look inside and see the automatic shifter or you pop the hood and see the 1.5L.
I bought it cheap enough and thats the only reason I bought an auto, and I dont know much mechanically on cars but im ready and willing to learn. Im looking for a motor that I can take back and forth to college(30 min drive) yet something to shut people up on the line. so please give me some advise on motor and how to switch it over to a 5 spd.

bignick3303

Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Fri Sep 10, 04   2:23 PM     

go with an ls-vtec

jdmgsrek9
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Tue Sep 14, 04   9:41 PM     

you should go with a gsr motor i have my motor for sell fully built gsr and reliable

95delsol
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Thu Sep 16, 04   6:44 AM     

How much and what comes with it.

jdmgsrek9
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Thu Sep 16, 04   8:54 PM     

well its a 1996 jdm gsr motor portflow valvetrian skunk2 cams stage 2, skunk2 sprockets, port head by cnc machining, b16 trany exedy satge 2 clucth stage 3 pressure plate, bottom end p30 pistons , aem intake and dc 4to1 hedders, p28 ecu and wiring harness im selling it for 4500 or best offer

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Thu Sep 16, 04   11:21 PM     

I personally wouldnt buy it. with all that stuff on it, engine wear increases, and you know hes been abusing it cuz he races it. Your also going to need a trans, motor mounts, water pump etc.. You can get a GsR motor for 1000 even on the table, the problem is finding one. Your best bet would be to find a gsr rollover for 1200 and then strip out the entire engine bay.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Fri Sep 17, 04   11:31 PM     

What's up with all these "how do i make my car fast" threads?
What the shit, c'mon guys, you wanna race around town and be fast and furious but you have an '92 automatic 4-door accord or something lame like that. You need to start with a car that is a good platform. Is this a show car, a race car, or both? Cuz it's going to determine alot, if you don't care about going fast, add a wing and some stickers...i don't care, whatever you think is cool. If you want to be fast, you need a good start. It's going to cost alot of money to make something that is automatic and slow from the factory...the exact opposite.
For future honda newbies, here are some good platforms to start with:
'91-00 acura integra (preferably the GSR or type R)
'88-03 civic Si/Ex
'88-91 CRX Si
'92-95 del Sol Si / SiR dohc vtec
and get them with a manual transmission, if you want to learn to race that bad, do us all a favor and learn to drive a clutch....it's not that hard.
The main thing that will determine how fast your honda will be is it's power to weight ratio. You put a B16 in a 4-door civic with full interior and it' going to be kinda slow cuz it weighs too much. Put that same engine in a '90 civic hb with no interior it's going to haul ass cuz the car doesn't weigh that much. Sorta a hint to all you 4-door guys, its good for kids, not for performance. Tell ya the same thing i told "ICE", if you want to be fast...i'd trade in that car for something else, cuz it's going to cost around $2000 more than if you got a del sol with a stick to get the same performance.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

95delsol
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Mon Sep 20, 04   7:11 AM     

Go ahead and tell me where the hell I can buy a 1995 Honda Del sol si Or vtech with all the exterior mods I have (with a munual) for $2100. Good fucking luck! Its not like I went out and bought a car that looks perrrty. I knew that when I bought it I had the money to do a motor swap and I have full fucking intensions of doing so. So even though you just said that a del sol is a good platform for a racer are you still going to give me shit for buying an automatic and asking what type of motor I should put in it. or mabie I just missed what the whole point of this site is!! So go give someone else who bought an automatic your bullshit comments.

95delsol
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Mon Sep 20, 04   7:38 AM     

I see what your saying about that motor. Say if I bought a B16 what kind of internals could I get that wouldnt wear on the motor by driving it every day. I've got $6000 to spend on this car since I sold my other car. And a good chunk of it goes towards a motor and the rest goes towards mods on the motor and probably a paint job.

95delsol
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Mon Sep 20, 04   11:09 AM     

Well I can get a B16A G2 motor, Hydrolic trany,ECU,altenator,Air conditioning, power steering pump,Distributor, wiring harness, shift linkage, and a clutch pedal assembly for $2475 shipped to my front door. Can any body tell me if it would be worth the money to get this!!!

If at first you dont succede keep on suckin till ya do succede
bignick3303

Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Mon Sep 20, 04   5:09 PM     

go with ls-vtec..i would. though i went with b16 at the time im still gonna upgrade my block later to a b20. its ur money..but i would say either go with b18 or b20 vtec...not that much more expensive if ya know where to go.

D15powerd
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Mon Sep 20, 04   5:42 PM     

I'm just trying to save you time and money. I've seen way too many people find out the hard way that they got the wrong car or work done that wasn't needed. I'm trying to make sure that the $6k you have is spent on making a fast car....not spent on a swap that wont even work in your car right now.
If you have money to burn, by all means, go ahead. But it doesn't sound like you are going to do this swap yourself so that's more money. Just to get a STOCK B16A2 in your car you'll need:
-the complete engine w/ tranny, ecu and axles
-shift linkage and new motor mounts
-unless you can rewire, a new wiring harness
-all necessary parts to convert your auto to manual
-and then you have to pay the labor charges.
If you were smart about this you would buy a complete JDM front clip ('92-'95 del sol SiR) and have the half shipped from japan. You get the whole front half of the car, usually from the front seat forward. You would get a complete engine AND you could convert your car to manual AND convert it to right hand drive! All for about $3k. Who says i don't give advice on this site?

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

bignick3303

Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Tue Sep 21, 04   5:55 AM     

hes right about that..i didnt think on my swap i would be needing so many extras but when it came down to it..it was just more than a motor i was replacing. but no its not all that expensive.

95delsol
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Tue Sep 21, 04   6:15 AM     

Ok I see what your saying. So the best thing for me would be to sell mine and find a del sol vtec right. Thanks for the advise, Im just a little hay wire when somebody talks shit on my car, but its all helpful lol.

95delsol
Re: Need some advice on motor swap for me   Posted Tue Sep 21, 04   6:40 AM     

I'v found a 94 civic HB with an LS swap with 115k miles on motor !!!!! 5 SPD !!!!! lol. would this car be a good platform to start with?

Pages in this thread: (1) 2