This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 7339

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 87 CrX & 92 Integra under construction .. help?   Posted Mon Sep 13, 04   6:41 PM     

His front bumper is unprimered, his rear is unpainted white, hes got a bunch of grey sand marks all over the car, and bondo patches everywhere.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: 87 CrX & 92 Integra under construction .. help?   Posted Thu Sep 16, 04   1:08 PM     

The '87 CRX is a piece. Sell it to buy parts for the integra. If it's the base model crx, it only has 76hp carburetted (EW1). If it's the Si, it only has 91hp PGM-Fi. The car is a bad platform for performance and even looks as far as i'm concerned. The best route for performance for this car is to swap out the old engine for the D16A1 engine from the '86-91 integra Ls/Ds and then turbo it or spray or something. The D16A1 only makes 113hp and has very little if any aftermarket support for it.
Working with the DA integra is your best bet. Cheapest route would be to pull out the old B18A1 engine and have the bottom end rebuild with B16 components and have a B16A1 head slapped on the rebuilt bottom. Ls/VTEC.
I would recommend also to do the engine work before the body work, or else be prepared to be embarassed at a red light.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)