This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 14965

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
okcjuggalo333
95 civic ex   Posted Sun Aug 22, 04   12:54 PM     

ok well i got a 95 civic sohc with v tech. i put headers and intake but i dont think i am gettin the response that i want. i raced a stock 240 and he still got me if and suggestion please help

bignick3303

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Sun Aug 22, 04   3:08 PM     

well i personally dont like sohc engines. thats sorta why i did a swap on my civic. (though the motor blew i still was going to swap it soon anyway to a dohc.) but its ur car so basically ur in control of what you want to do with it. what kind of responses are u wanting. do u wanna just stick with ur motor and add-ons and just progress from there? if so there are still many ways to maybe get the response you want. next thing i would do if i were you and were wanting to stick with that motor is i would change out clutch and flywheel and possibly a billet alluminum underdrive pulley. its kinda cheap what all i mentioned but then again it all depends where you go. you could also upgrade alot of the stock internals. ie. pistons. or you could just turbo that civic. one choice that many people do is just nos their car. its a good way of getting extra hp but in my opnion would be the last thing i would add to a project car that i were to work on.

SweetNeon

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Sun Aug 22, 04   3:26 PM     

gut it, cut it, tube it, stick a v8 in it, any more questions?

bignick3303

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Sun Aug 22, 04   4:17 PM     

lol nope!

D15powerd
Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Sun Aug 22, 04   10:06 PM     

"sohc with v tech" *cough VTEC!!!! cough*

your gunna need a bit more than just an intake and headers to make some decent power, you probably only gained about 10hp over stock if your lucky.
How to make a honda fast N/A:
Gut it + Built Head+ High Compression= Faster than a 240

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Sun Aug 22, 04   11:17 PM     

Not everyone can gut their car though, may people need to actually drtive their car around.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
BlownGTP

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Mon Aug 23, 04   8:21 AM     

Well, it's just a question of how dedicated you are than.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
SweetNeon

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Mon Aug 23, 04   7:56 PM     

i forgot there are people like you that only have one car to drive so they fix up there daily driver?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Mon Aug 23, 04   9:19 PM     

People like me? You dont know me. How many 17 year olds do you know with more than one car, let alone a car at all.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Thu Aug 26, 04   1:03 PM     

It's just a matter of how dedicated you are like he said. I'm rolling with just a seat and a dash board, NOTHING ELSE inside with no A/C, i love every mile of it. I'm not afraid to admit that i work on my daily driver, that just gives me more the reason to get it right the first time or i wont have a car! Now i just get to drive my "project car" to work everyday lol. Like Rx said though, it's not very common for kids like us out here to have more than one car, let alone a car at all. We just work with what we got.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

bignick3303

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Fri Aug 27, 04   7:23 AM     

yeah i agree. my car that ive been doing the swap in is my only car...ive been having to bum rides to school everyday.

kaiser_1
Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Fri Aug 27, 04   6:26 PM     

buy another DAMN!! car man, so you can at least get around shit. are you poor or something.

D15powerd
Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Fri Aug 27, 04   8:30 PM     

it's just car guy thinking. Why buy another car and pay for already expensive insurance for another ride? Many of us have tickets and are under 25....and the insurance companies don't exactly give big breaks to 18 year old males with 3 speeding tickets. With the money it would cost to buy another car and insure it, i could just dump that cash into my only car and make it that much faster. Car guy thinking.

bignick3303

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Sat Aug 28, 04   12:00 AM     

well no..not poor....but when most of ur money that u have coming in goes mainly to making more performance outta ur car....its kinda hard to set aside a little just to buy another. and d15 is right, the money it would cost to insure another car if u have speeding tickets would be hard. hell i would know..i got tickets before. hell im happy with my only car...!

SweetNeon

Re: 95 civic ex   Posted Sat Aug 28, 04   6:37 PM     

ever thought about the idea of not having car insurance?

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3