This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 1531

IDUNNOJACK
95 civic hatchback dx   Posted Fri Aug 20, 04   8:59 PM     

Is the 95 hatchback dx a good platform to start with? Does it mod well? Does it swap well and if so what engines should I be looking at (mid price range)? Also, I talked to the car lot salesman and we were talking and in passing he mentioned that they often refer "tuners" to this company that imports enginges straight the Japan. this sounds a little fishy. what do you all think?

D15powerd
Re: 95 civic hatchback dx   Posted Sat Aug 21, 04   1:00 AM     

This car is probably one of THE BEST setups for having a swap ever. It will accept any D-series, B-Series, H-series, and even the new K-series engine. It's also OBD1 so you don't have to worry too much about emissions and tuning problems associated with '96+ Hondas. Pick your poison really, a D-series swap is the cheapest at around $700. Followed by the B-series at probably $3250 with the H-series in that same price range as well. The K-series engines are a pain, they are new and come with a hefty price tag ($4500+) and are difficult to get it running due to anti-theft devices and emissions.
As for this dealership refered "tuner" idea, i would ask how much and what's the catch? A dealership offering JDM swaps? It sounds fishy to me, but if the price is right i would take it. I would look around first for an engine before you commit yourself to that "tuner" idea though, cuz you can probably find the swap for cheaper somewhere else.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

d93civichatch16
Re: 95 civic hatchback dx   Posted Fri Oct 22, 04   6:45 PM     

i have a 93 civic hatch with a d16