This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 9254

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
tapao22

Tran help!   Posted Sat Aug 14, 04   3:06 PM     

ok one of my friends is doin a engine swap... and he got a cable tran for his car. his car was made for a hydraulic tran. he needs 2 convert his car into it. does any1 know a way to do this. i know a few but never herd of any1 doin this. it involves drilling a new hole in the fire wall, and around where the clutch pedel is.

i need help cause this sorta suxs...

-tapao

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tran help!   Posted Sat Aug 14, 04   11:07 PM     

He shouldnt need to do anything, the cable tran should go right on, and then onto the engine with no problem either. What kind of car is it, and what swap is he doing? Is eh convertign from an auto trans to a manual trans or wut?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
talljosh85
Re: Tran help!   Posted Sun Aug 15, 04   3:31 AM     

This might be a long shot, but its a honda? B16 maybe? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, I suggest finding a Honda/Acura forum and searching there database for a full write up on this sort of thing. Good luck, Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
tapao22

Re: Tran help!   Posted Sun Aug 15, 04   8:03 AM     

the guy that im talken about is here http://www.cvsr.net/php/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=importforum&Number=24110&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=

yall been helping him. it goes on the motor fine. but the hole in the firewall is 2 big. and 2 low. also the pedel doesnt have room 2 move. cause the cable clutch is higher up due 2 the leverage that it needs 2 pill it 2 u. should i just drill another hole in the firewall where its needed, and above the pedel? i had a idea of what 2 do but just wanted 2 hear what yall were thinking about it, or if u herd something like this before.

-tapao

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tran help!   Posted Sun Aug 15, 04   2:28 PM     

If the trans doesnt fit then theres a problem. Everything shoudl bolt on just fine without any modifications being needed. What car is the motor being swapped into?

Samir "Office Space"
tapao22

Re: Tran help!   Posted Sun Aug 15, 04   3:58 PM     

its that 96 civic that bignick was talking about. i posted the other forum that you were helping him with.

it fits on perfectly... but the firewall and clearance isnt what it needs 2 be for the pedel.

i wish
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tran help!   Posted Mon Aug 16, 04   1:09 PM     

Im still not understanding, is he switching frmo auto trans to manual or something?

Samir "Office Space"
tapao22

Re: Tran help!   Posted Mon Aug 16, 04   2:33 PM     

no its a whole new motor... his new motor has a cable tranny. (stick) his old motor had a hydralic tranny. his car isnt made for a cable one and i need help to know what 2 do.

i wish
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tran help!   Posted Mon Aug 16, 04   5:52 PM     

Dont drill a hole in the firewall, if your really puzzled as to what to do, take it someplace for a professional opinion because its supposed to swap right in.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: Tran help!   Posted Mon Aug 16, 04   7:23 PM     

believe me..drilling will work. that guy tapa0 is talking about me and my tranny problem. a guy i know at this performance shop called Intercrew here in texas said that it would work also. He's done it before. the only reason tapao is asking around on here is just because he was wanting to know of any other idea. no it will not fit right in. its a 96 civic with a b16a1 motor in it with a cable tranny. the motor before hand had a hydraulic tranny in it. so basically the hole in the firewall is too big. its meant to fit the slate cylinder. the cable part for the tranny that i got thats suppse to go there is too small..it just goes all the way through when this one part of it is suppose to stop right there.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tran help!   Posted Mon Aug 16, 04   8:16 PM     

Anyone who drills through their firewall is mildly retarted. It is SUPPOSED to fit, if ti doesnt, then get a hydro tranny adapter kit.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: Tran help!   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   5:49 PM     

well..if the cable wasnt off of a 96 civic and was more likely off of a older model. then no...believe me it wont fit. no matter how many times you will tell me it wont. so lets end that there(thx for the help though). but u said something about getting a hydro tranny adapter kit? are u saying i can still use my hydraulic lines coming up from the pedal through the firewall and all the other hydraulic parts for the old tranny on the new cable tranny by getting an adapter that makes the hydraulic compatible with the cable?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tran help!   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   6:55 PM     

They sell kits to adapt from hydro to cable and vice versa. Theyre custom made, but i saw one at Autobacs.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: Tran help!   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   8:26 PM     

ya got any links or numbers u can help me out with.

thx.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Tran help!   Posted Wed Aug 18, 04   12:27 AM     

I dont know the number for SuperAutobacs but its a block away from Inline 4.

Samir "Office Space"
Pages in this thread: (1) 2