This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 6264

TopSecret
First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Tue Aug 3, 04   10:16 PM     

Okay heres the plan first gen CRX HF, because of the weight... Does anyone have one to sell me?. Anyway how I would do it…. first things first, get some nice shocks and springs first I like Koni for the $=performance factor, then wheels and tires... not huge flashy ones but some steel 15’s should be plenty, I can’t stress the next point enough new tires, 40 or 45 series, because I like the feel but 50 series should be fine, and cost less… but a good quality tire and sticky Z rated or better. Brakes, I don’t know what will fit but I’m sure the Si ones will, 4 wheel disks from a 92 Integra might. I'll do a little research and see what others have done, and good pads. I think with a little bargain hunting and paying friends with beer and pizza I should get away with out much more than $1000 at this point. Now that I can turn, stop and have sickening g forces, and am getting used to the feel of the car I'll need it to be a little safer before the next step. I will look into making the chassis stiffer, maybe even a roll cage, 4-point will be enough. Also make it even lighter, make sure to strip all the sound deadening junk of the floors almost 20 lb weight savings there, and add some cheap race seats, I like Sparco “speed”, they only cost $180 each and are super light. Now that I have a car that looks like it’s ready to go fast and all my friends are making fun of it because I only have 60 hp, it's time to add power… an engine swap is the why to go, but forget the D16 crap!! I was thinking I would build a b18ls block and b16 head frankinstin motor... should be able to pull 13’s and later add N2O and get into the 12’s!! This project car, I would leave the paint stock, just tint it and even do it myself to make it look bad (I can’t tint) add a jack-n-the-box head to the antenna… some gay bumper stickers… maybe even a sparkly butterfly… and smoke people in EVO’s and SRT-4’s!! Then tell them what I spent on it and watch them want to puke!! How much fun!! Okay well I’ll get off my soapbox now…. I need to look in the paper for a first gen HF…. I want one!!! Who's got one? What about a turbo? Has there ever been a "first gen CRX, b-series, turbo"?? who did it and what's there email addy?

The car is still a work in progress. The extensive modifications of my car have gone beyond what I had originally envisioned. I am really pleased with the way it is turning out.
D15powerd
Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Wed Aug 4, 04   12:04 AM     

sounds like a fun setup, i love sleepers!
Get the EF CRX and make it Ls/V. Use all the OEM integra stuff and put in the OEM B16A pistons. Found out this week that they fit the stock LS rods, always learning new things. Add a 75 shot or 8psi and you'll be having LOTS of fun on the street. You're only problem is going to be traction.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

VW_Nut
Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   12:46 PM     

You'd be better off with a air cooled bug, they rule.
No OBD bullshit to deal with, just pure horsepower.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   2:35 PM     

Your boned if you think your gonna spend less thn 3K tryign to do this, and tahts without the price of the car.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
tapao22

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   3:51 PM     

sleepers are awsome... thats all i want 2 say. like when u see a old crx w/ those stock looken wheels... and when u take off he's gone. (havnt done this but seen it) its funny and the person pulls off acting like he wasnt ganna race. good times.

are u really ganna do that (the exterior part) u should... it would be funny 2 see what people do.

i wish
SweetNeon

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   8:33 PM     

sleepers? like a stock single cam 4 door neon that for some reasion idle's alittle funny sounding like a bunch of M80's going off?

bignick3303

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   9:04 PM     

"I was thinking I would build a b18ls block and b16 head frankinstin motor"... isnt that what a ls-v is? and also...i thought the frankenstein setup was the b20-vtec? that ofcourse would be the better route....well in my opinion.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Wed Aug 18, 04   12:26 AM     

Frankenstine motor is a hybrid motor, adn the reason some people dont go with the CRVtec is because you would need custom stuff to go with the block, and axles for the crv motor, not to mention gearing for it would suck.

Samir "Office Space"
TopSecret
Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Wed Aug 18, 04   12:17 PM     

Okay, It was a wild hair... I have decided that I need to buy a bigger car... Like M3, or hell maybe just buy an NSX... It was just a thought and to be honest I have a fast ass CRX now and don't need to mess with another one... Just wanted to see what you guys thought.. Who ever the neon guy is you’re a jerk... the guy who said $3000.00 WTF this is an easy $13,000.00, more if you’re a jerk like the neon guy... Okay now that I talked my shit... "D15powerd" is an great resource and towards the BMW, but the NSX is in another class...very smart... you kids out there that are trying to build a car should search his threads and read them all... Any way what do you guys think... E36 M with Turbo... NSX stock cause I won't have any money left... RX-7 and hunt a 3 rotor... Honest opinions please, and give reasons... I have the Honda, and am leaning… towards the BMW since it has a lot more potential and RWD...

The car is still a work in progress. The extensive modifications of my car have gone beyond what I had originally envisioned. I am really pleased with the way it is turning out.
BlownGTP

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Wed Aug 18, 04   7:17 PM     

LOL, this just kills me!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Wed Aug 18, 04   7:55 PM     

I was just saying that its gonna cost money to do, not a lot of people come on here planning to spend "$13,000", so pardon me Mr.Rich.

Samir "Office Space"
SweetNeon

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Wed Aug 18, 04   9:16 PM     

no shit can you believe this guy called me a jerk

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Thu Aug 19, 04   12:49 AM     

No, no I cant.

Samir "Office Space"
SweetNeon

Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Thu Aug 19, 04   8:13 PM     

what a perceptive mother fucker

D15powerd
Re: First gen CRX HF, LS-VTEC, disco potato...   Posted Fri Aug 20, 04   8:46 PM     

for the ladies i would get a M-series BMW...but for me, the RX-7 all the way. There's something about a 1.3L making 250hp that makes me want it bad, RWD too. Knowing my driving habits though, i would probably take out a mountain wall or a lamp post like a wannabe drifter man. Watch out Phieffer lol.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."