This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2285

TopSecret
Stock B16A1 lower half 450HP?????   Posted Thu Jul 29, 04   10:10 PM     

I have a B16A1 in my crx it’s headed for the dyno. I’m hopping that it will turn the rollers around 200hp… anyone know what the stock lower half is safe to? I want to put a big shot of N2O but I am concerned about breaking a rod… Check out the project at… http://www.cardomain.com/id/thebadairman

The car is still a work in progress. The extensive modifications of my car have gone beyond what I had originally envisioned. I am really pleased with the way it is turning out.
bignick3303

Re: Stock B16A1 lower half 450HP?????   Posted Thu Jul 29, 04   10:43 PM     

yo man nice car..sry but i dont know. how long have you been working on this project. i see that its a b16 and i also see you mentioning 450hp. well i've seen some crazy stuff done but if your worried about 450hp on b16 dont. this one car here in texas was fully built by kenny tran (owner of jotech motorsports). they built up a b16a..well..see for yourself.... http://www.jotechracing.com/html/projectcars/projectcar_details.asp?ProjectVehicleID=42 ......584 HP!!!!!!!!

D15powerd
Re: Stock B16A1 lower half 450HP?????   Posted Fri Jul 30, 04   10:15 AM     

The B-series rods are a hell of alot stronger than the D-series parts, but i wouldn't spray past a 75shot on a stock honda bottom end.
A good rule of thumb: Take the engine's stock hp rating, cut that number in half, and that is what shot you should run on a stock bottom end. 160hp/2= 80shot is the most you could run...reliably.
You should be safe with the 75shot, what kinda kit are you running? wet, dry?

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....
TopSecret
Re: Stock B16A1 lower half 450HP?????   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   11:20 AM     

I'm hoping to hit 200 HP with the mods I have done...

B16A1 J-spec motor from a 92 Honda Integra...
Stage 3 cams from Crane… adjustable timing gear…
Ti-retainers and dual springs from Crane
A RSR Skunk2 manifold that has been flow matched to
the…
74MM throttle body, and flow matched to the head…
The head was extrude honed…
Short ram intake…
DSM 450 injectors…
I am using the 92 B16A1 transmission…. And 235/40 17’s

I also will need a clutch, and possibly a flywheel... Any sugestions?

And the question I was really asking is... with the aditional power that I will be making do do I need to worry about the amout of N2O?

stock HP 160 /2 = 80 so 75 shot is safe....
HP now 200 so should I subtract the added HP from the equasion? 75 shot - 40 added HP = 35 shot...

35 shot = not much fun... I was hopping to add a 70shot to the motor and when the lower end goes out swich to a stroked b18 ls block built... but I want to wear it out not punch holes in the block... please help...

The car is still a work in progress. The extensive modifications of my car have gone beyond what I had originally envisioned. I am really pleased with the way it is turning out.
SweetNeon

Re: Stock B16A1 lower half 450HP?????   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   9:22 PM     

you mite hit 200 hp with nitrous on that set up

TopSecret
Re: Stock B16A1 lower half 450HP?????   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   10:40 PM     

forgot the head is shaved and there is a spoon chip with a 4500 vtec change over point