This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 13779

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
bignick3303

~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Thu Jul 29, 04   10:39 AM     

im sure alot of yall have seen a prelude thats been converted into a skyline by the head lights and taillights and some other exterior mods. but has anyone ever seen a civic do this? if so do you have any pics or know any links? does it look good in some instances?

D15powerd
Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Thu Jul 29, 04   1:16 PM     

it looks kinda goofy, cuz the civic is sorta a small car and doesn't have the same curves as a skyline. It looks best on "bigger" cars like the Lude cuz the back end is somewhat boxy like the skyline's and it just looks more flush and natural. The only honda headlight swap that I like is using the JDM integra headlights. I've seen it done on 92-95 civics and it looks pretty good when done right. I'm not a big fan of headlight swaps though for hondas, the only exception i have is putting a JDM front end on a DC integra....that's just sick, you can't argue with that.

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Thu Jul 29, 04   11:07 PM     

People doing those Skyline light conversions are crazy homos. If you want skyline lights, then buy a skyline, dont try to fake it out.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
D15powerd
Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Fri Jul 30, 04   10:40 AM     

gotta agree with Rx on that one...

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....

Edited by D15powerd (Fri Jul 30, 04   10:41 AM)

bignick3303

Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Thu Nov 18, 04   8:01 PM     

k..gonna ask another question for this post that i made a while back. how much would it cost to make a 97 prelude converted to a skyline look with the front and rear lights done. how much have yall seen this go for? or does it just vary from place to place?

evopanop
Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Fri Nov 19, 04   8:39 AM     

It would definitely vary from place to place. It all depends on how mcuh you're able to get the original parts for, and how much the body shop, etc. wants to charge you for grafting those said parts into your stock, or otherwise, body. I'm sure if you had the know-how to do this yourself it'd be "reasonably" cheap, but having someone else do it for you is probably going to end up being quite expensive. Like that Accord that was converted to look like a Skyline... it was a very cool-looking car and all; but, sorry, some people just have more money than brains, lol. :-P

bignick3303

Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Fri Nov 19, 04   8:27 PM     

yeah..thats what i figured. i never knew u could make an accord into one, i havnt seen it done. sounds cool. o and so u dont like the idea of it by u saying some ppl have more money than brains?

Edited by bignick3303 (Fri Nov 19, 04   8:28 PM)

evopanop
Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Sat Nov 20, 04   9:17 AM     

Well, no, it's not that I don't like the idea... the outcome is great. It looks cool, obviously, because it looks like a Skyline; and Skylines look cool. But, for the money that you'll likely end up spending to have someone else do all of the work for you, I would have to say that it's definitely not worth it. Unless, of course, you just want something that'll stand out and be a cool show car, and money is no object. In the end, you'd probably be better off buying a R32 Skyline GT-R and having the real thing, lol.

I'll try to see if I can find some pics of that Accord Skyline... it *almost* looked like a real Skyline; very nicely done. *thumbs up*

Edit: Well, that was easy. Here's the Accord/R34 Skyline: http://www.importtuner.com/features/0201it_playinaccord/index.html

[External Image Removed]

Edited by evopanop (Sat Nov 20, 04   9:19 AM)

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Sat Nov 20, 04   11:47 AM     

The thing that pisses me off about show cars, is that no matter how nice they look, im still faster from the factory. Last time i checked, when someone revs at the stoplight, it doesnt mean that they think their wing looks cooler than yours.

Samir "Office Space"
evopanop
Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Sat Nov 20, 04   3:23 PM     

True, and you're entitled to your own opinion; but, different people have different tastes. There are a lot of people out there that couldn't care less how fast their car is, they just want it to look really nice. I've gotta give them props, though, because a lot of them have REALLY good lookin' rides.

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Sat Nov 20, 04   4:45 PM     

It doesnt matter abotu taste. Why bother taking a machine and making it look nice. The basic heart of a car is the motor, and the more powerful it is the faster it goes.The bumpers or the tail lights or any of that crap is there for the purpose of helping the car get from point A to B, the bumper for safety and the taillights as well( You get my point). Making a showcar is like a boxer getting plastic surgery to look pretty, bt when he steps in the ring, he still gets his ass kicked cuz he sucks, you dig?

Samir "Office Space"
evopanop
Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Sun Nov 21, 04   11:14 PM     

It does matter about taste. In the end, that's all the matters. Taste and opinion. Of course, those things that you pointed out are your opinion. Others are entitled to their's as well. :-)

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Mon Nov 22, 04   1:00 PM     

Its not opinion, its fact. You take an athlete that sucks, but loosk good, and he'll get pounded. Racing is a sport, and in sport you need performance, not looks.

Samir "Office Space"
evopanop
Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Mon Nov 22, 04   3:08 PM     

That's why your comments are completely off-base. Normal every-day driving is NOT a race. If you think that the grand majority of people even care about racing, then you are sadly mistaken. Your comparisons are completely invalid, because it's like comparing apples to oranges. It just doesn't work that way; and yes, everything you have said is, indeed, an opinion.

Anyway, enough being off-topic. Back to the topic for all of you. :-)

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: ~~~~skylude~~~~   Posted Mon Nov 22, 04   5:32 PM     

Then why are you on a street racing forum? The only reason you would need a showy crap on your car is to show off, but everyone and their mother has altezzas nowadays, not everyone is fast.

Samir "Office Space"
Pages in this thread: (1) 2