This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 11276

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
D15powerd
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Sat Jul 31, 04   12:24 AM     

I *think* it adds about 200lbs to the front end over the D-series parts. The same as having a grown dude sitting on your hood, those springs should help alot. But the civic is front heavy anyways, depending on if you are running a coupe or a 4 door, it shouldn't matter too much.

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....
4g63bfan
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Sat Jul 31, 04   12:25 AM     

i'm runnin a hatch, but i've found a coupla places with decently priced carbon fiber front fenders, so i can try to save some weight there too.

there are 2 things that will always stop your fun. the first is the police, the second is a tree.
talljosh85
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Sat Jul 31, 04   11:26 AM     

FWIW, I know two guys that swapped H22s into their hatches, and with basically stock motors and bodies, the cars perform very well. Also, when you do the swap, I suggest upgrading the radiator to either the stock Prelude one or an aftermarket. One of the guys had the stock Civic radiator while the other had the Prelude radiator, and to me, on a $5k swap, overheating the motor should be something to think about. Good luck with it, Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
4g63bfan
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Sat Jul 31, 04   12:06 PM     

a couple of other things, i'm kinda new at the engine swap business, which tranny do i use, the JDM or the stock civic? what about the intake on the h22, i know the engine i'm lookin at comes with the intake manifold, but what type of intake should i get? i'm guessing short ram. who do you guys recommend for the radiator?

there are 2 things that will always stop your fun. the first is the police, the second is a tree.
D15powerd
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Sat Jul 31, 04   12:57 PM     

When you get the engine, just pick up the complete swap. You should get at least the engine, tranny, and ecu. Carbon fiber fenders aren't going to do that much, the stock one's aren't that heavy to begin with. Getting a carbon fiber or fiberglass hood would do more. You'll be saving alot of weight from the front end though. You'll be removing the A/C, no more powersteering, carbon fiber hood, that's probably worth a good 100lbs of weight right there. I would stick with the short ram intake, it saves alot of headaches with fitment. For the radiator, fluidyne or Koyo makes good stuff. There's also a way to fit the stock integra radiator in there. Here's the how-to:
http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/jsrad/jsrad.html

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....

Edited by D15powerd (Sat Jul 31, 04   12:59 PM)

4g63bfan
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   11:05 AM     

you wouldn't happen to know the web address of progress tech. springs would you? i'm gonna see if i can put the springs in on the same weekend as the h22

4g63bfan
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Thu Aug 5, 04   5:25 PM     

another question that just occurred to me, will i still have the clearance underhood to fit the front tower brace for the civic, or am i gonna need a custon one?

D15powerd
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Thu Aug 5, 04   8:50 PM     

I've never heard of any hood clearance problems with swapping in the H22, you need a mount kit to do the swap so they take care of it for you.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

CobraKessen
Re: anyone done a 4g63 swap to a honda?   Posted Fri Sep 10, 04   8:52 PM     

Just so you know,if your going to get into autocross,research which class you want to get into.if $5000 seems like alot of money for an engine swap think that youll be in the STREET MOD class with the swap where 10,000 isnt much to spend on suspension alone and 5000 will get you some good tires.i want to a K20C swap myself to a 93 civic HB but i dont have the money to run in that class.......yet =p

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)