This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2313

novaboy

dc civic headers?   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   1:03 AM     

so which is the best for my dad's 99 civic ex? 4-1, 4-2-1 one piece, or the 4-2-1- two piece. i can get it for less than 200 bucks new so im thinking about doing that in the summer some time. thanx for any help.

novaboy
novaboy

Re: dc civic headers?   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   11:26 PM     

o come one no one? wtf?

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: dc civic headers?   Posted Wed May 1, 02   9:46 AM     

As far as I know, the best way to go would be to run 4 2 1 headers. This allows more space for the exhaust to go before bottlenecking on the stock piping. One Piece is better if possible, because it keeps the entire run of the exhaust smoother, and eliminates the 'gap in the smoothness' which is created by the peices when they bolt together. This is such a very small difference that it is probably un-noticable, but I just thought I'd point it out so you know for your own personal enjoyment....

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
novaboy

Re: dc civic headers?   Posted Wed May 1, 02   12:15 PM     

so why did they even make the 4-1 if they arnt better than the 4-2-1?

novaboy
integraracer9x
Re: dc civic headers?   Posted Wed May 1, 02   12:21 PM     

Like I said, 'as far as I know'. I'm not sure to be honest. Maybe it's because there's more material in 4-2-1 headers. Maybe they're trying to save weight, or money on material? Not sure but as I said, go for a 4-2-1 one piece.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes."
Kutsuju_racing
Re: dc civic headers?   Posted Wed May 1, 02   5:52 PM     

ok here it is....4-2-1 give you more torque and the 4-1 are a lot better on the top end...then if you want ground clearance then go with the 4-2-1 but I think you already new that about the power right? but at least go with the ceramic coated. good luck? and by the way how in the hell are you getting them for less than $200?

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres