This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 39942

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5)  
D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 15, 04   1:31 PM     

Dude, acuras are cursed. Every one of my friends who has had a GSR has totalled it. I was riding shottie in one when my friend refused to notice a stop sign doing 75, air bags are good. A tip to those new to racing: never go LOOKING for races on the streets or grab your keys with the intention of dicking around in your car. More times than anything you will either end up in an accident or with a cop behind you. Let races and other fun illegal car stuff find you. Just cuz it's illegal doesn't mean you don't have to be safe doing it.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 15, 04   2:24 PM     

Yeah acuras are cursed, my integra was a 3 time theft recovery, it was stolen 2 times with the previous owner, and it was stolen from me before i could even register the car, I used to have a GSR motor but it got stoled. I was thinking of buying a new GSR motor to put in, but i cant find them anywhere.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
4g63bfan
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 15, 04   4:34 PM     

hey rx_otary are you talking about tryin to swap in a USDM or JDM engine?

there are 2 things that will always stop your fun. the first is the police, the second is a tree.
SweetNeon

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 15, 04   4:48 PM     

your family has junk yards and you cant find a gsr motor?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Mon Aug 16, 04   1:07 PM     

Thats about the gist of it, and nobody else has them either. When we first got it my dad put a GSR motor in it then it got stolen, then after i got it it got stolen shortly after, so hence the LS and why weve got no more gsr motors.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 22, 04   9:16 AM     

damn its been a long ass time since ive started this swap. i just recently took it to intercrew to have them finsih it off cause basically i had done everything right but aparently hadn't done enough. the only problem that was causing my motor not to start was wiring problems so their gonna modify that for me and some other little simple things...other than that all the major work is done. tomorrow ill hopefully get it back. i also get that kit in the mail tomorrow for the cable/hydro conversion. so basically in theory...my car should be up in the next 1 or 2 days. YEAH!!!!

www.intercrew-racing.com

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 22, 04   6:54 PM     

Sounds good man.

Samir "Office Space"
bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Tue Aug 24, 04   6:04 PM     

YEAH I GOT MY CAR TO START. intercrew fixed it..what was wrong was the fuel line, engine wiring, and the distributor. other than that they fixed it all and its in perfect condition. just listening to it is loud as hell...way louder than my cheap ass sohc . all i have to do now is just go to a muffler shop tomorrow and have them re - weld my exhaust piping and i just put the kit on for the cable/tranny conversion and then im done. its been worth all the wait. thanks to all yall who have helped me out!!!!!!!

nick

D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Thu Aug 26, 04   1:21 PM     

great news man! another swap in the books. We'll hear from you next week, cuz if you're anything like me you'll be doing VTEC trips to 8200 all around town for a few days. Enjoy your new swap and congrats again.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Fri Aug 27, 04   7:21 AM     

again...thx...yeah i most likely will!

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5)