This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 39942

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5  
D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Tue Aug 3, 04   1:06 PM     

I would like to know too, cuz the only harness that will work has to be the same OBD and already wired for VTEC and a knock sensor. So unless you have a spare GSR, Type-R, or Si harness...it's not going to plug in nice. I would just wire up the extra sensors into your current harness and tape it off clean. A new harness will run you 200+, the wire and connectors and tape won't break $20. I can get you wiring diagrams on how to do it if you need them.

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....
bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Tue Aug 3, 04   6:17 PM     

yeah if you could get me that that would be great.

updated info on my swap: i finally got my tranny and axels today. i'll be picking up my clutch and flywheel tomorrow. o yeah..that tranny came with a lifetime warranty. shocked me too! all i need now is the new intake i ordered and the distributor sub assembly. its so gay i cant find one anywhere...and when i do find one its like 300 on up.

SweetNeon

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Tue Aug 3, 04   8:27 PM     

tell me the exact year make and model and i can get you the harness cheeper then you can find your self

D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Wed Aug 4, 04   12:11 AM     

He needs a '99 Civic Si harness if it's for a 96-00 civic

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Wed Aug 4, 04   10:46 AM     

yeah hes right..thats what i do need..so if you can work some deal with me with that harness if you find it then we might be able to work something out.

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Thu Aug 5, 04   9:29 PM     

so if its gonna have to be for sure a 99 civic si harness for a 96-2000 civic then what about comp. i can still go with a 99 civic si comp right...or how bout a 2000 si comp...is there much of a difference there?

nick

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sat Aug 7, 04   4:25 PM     

hey will i also have to get a new shit rod thing that goes from underneath the middle of the car to the tranny..also ..the other rod thats there thats just suppose to connect somewhere on the tranny doesnt have a spot to..

D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sat Aug 7, 04   4:43 PM     

i'm pretty sure you need new shift linkage (middle thing you were talking about), you might be able to use DC integra linkage or the Si part, or buy it custom. Either way, you shouldn't have to pay more than $75. Either 99 or 00 ecu will work.

Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them."

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sat Aug 7, 04   10:39 PM     

ok...thx

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 8, 04   12:55 PM     

one of my axels dont fit..the front right one fits in perfectly but the fron left one is being blocked from going into the tranny by part of the motor...im not using my old axels..i went out and bought some new ones. their 99 civic si axels...something wrong here?

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 8, 04   1:00 PM     

its a b16a1 motor going into a 96 civic. dont know if this info will help or not.

D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 8, 04   1:30 PM     

The B-series engines have equal length axles that use a half-shaft axle too. The d-series only have two (no halfshaft), the passenger side axle will be kinda small and go from the hub to the tranny, and the driver side one will be hella long and go from the driver side hub all the way to the tranny. The B16 should have what looks like 3 axles. The passenger side one will bolt from the hub to the tranny and it sounds like you got that one to work fine. But the driver side one has two pieces; the axle and half-shaft. The halfshaft will be bolted to the back of the block just under the oil filter. All you do is work the driver side axle into the hole of the halfshaft, just like you would into the tranny, and it bolts in perfect. My friend came to me with the same problem and it turned out that they left the old axle boot still connected to the halfshaft, so it confused him; just popped the old boot off and he was done. I think that's what you're talking about....

LS4_454
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 8, 04   6:09 PM     

Why not just swap the engines instead of swapping the transmissions too?

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 8, 04   7:07 PM     

huh?

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 8, 04   7:32 PM     

wait im kinda confused....is the half shaft axel suppose to come with what i got from pep boys to. i bought both axels from them and like they are one is shorter than the other. the short one ofcourse goes on the front right from the tranny to the right wheel. the second one ofcourse since it being longer goes on the front left going from the left side of tranny to left wheel. sry for saying it this way..i know its obvious where they go its just that i wanted u to know that were both on the same level here. anyway....this half axel...does that piece connect to the tranny and then i connect the axel i have to that half axel on one side..then the other side to the left wheel?

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5