This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 39942

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sat Jul 24, 04   11:36 AM     

one more thing..how do u change the pic that goes beside ur name on here?

D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sat Jul 24, 04   10:38 PM     

The B16A1 is OBD0...the wiring is direct for 88-91 civics. You may have to do some wiring or get a conversion harness.

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....

Edited by D15powerd (Sat Jul 24, 04   10:39 PM)

uglystick
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Jul 25, 04   1:20 PM     

i've got to side with neon. if you want to work on cars for a livign, you're fuckin nuts. go get a mechanical engineering degree or do it as a hobby.

and yes 2 days to do a 2 hour job is pretty slow!! but for your first time, alone, with no help...at least you finished.

jason

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Jul 25, 04   8:31 PM     

maybe i shouldve just mentioned this from the begining...i didnt work non- stop doing this...the first day all i did was remove axels and tranny...then i put off the rest for the next day. and on the next day i did all the labeling plus pull it out by my self. so basically it didnt take me 48 hours..i would say that on the first it took maybe 1 hour doing axels and tranny....and on the second maby 2-2 1/2 hours taking out motor and labeling...cause lets face it..it was my first time labeling so i just wanted to make sure..double check everything..cause i didnt want to have the motor lowered and have a wire snap off or a line. i hope this clears atleast some things up..and if i still in yalls eyes suck at doing this for my FIRST time then o well. once again i aint here to disrespect any of yall cause yall been a big help when its come to my questions that ive asked....

nick

D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Jul 25, 04   11:48 PM     

The fact that your doing this work by yourself and are committed to learning how to work on your honda is enough, you have my respect. Some people just talk mad shit but when you ask them how long it took to install their new part.....they couldn't tell you cuz they had some outside mechanic do it, they probably don't even know how to change oil. Keep up the good work man, sounds like your on the right track. And everyone know's mechanics are crazy....who ISN'T crazy these days? Tightening a suspension nut with a damn hammer for three hours sounds crazy....but having urethane bushings sure isn't hehehehehehe! Now i just have crazy handling!

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....

Edited by D15powerd (Sun Jul 25, 04   11:51 PM)

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Mon Jul 26, 04   8:51 AM     

yo thx man...yeah im going out again today to hopefully get the motor. last time i went they closed. so im gonna go and check out these 2 places and see what can happen.

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sat Jul 31, 04   9:43 PM     

ive gotten my motor and am happy. i went to get it this morning and worked on it for maybe like an hour cause i have no tranny right now. so all i did was just put it in..connect all the wires i could and am just gonna have to wait till tranny comes. all in all i say ive spent maybe an hour connecting all that could be connected leaving room to sill stick in tranny and work with it ofcourse. so basically the only thing holding my motor is 2 blocks under neath and the right mount steadying it. its pretty stable and not going anywhere. how do i get pics on here so i can show ya what im working with.....

....o yeah..its a b16a1 (2nd gen). a little light on the hp and torque but its a start and its better than my gay old sohc d16 y 8

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sat Jul 31, 04   10:13 PM     

will my axels that i had with the d16 work with the new motor in any way?

D15powerd
Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Sun Aug 1, 04   12:31 PM     

the d-series axles wont work, you have to go down to autozone or kragen and get axles from a '99 Civic Si.

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   12:43 PM     

k thx..ill go do that then

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   7:17 PM     

one more thing...wiring harness..since im getting a new ecu im looking for a harness. i know i could keep mine and just change some stuff ...ie. injectors. but im still wanting to just go with the actual harness. besides ebay does anyone know of a place that i could find one. autozone doesnt sell them do they?

SweetNeon

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   9:20 PM     

i'll sell you one if you are located some where near the coachella valley

SweetNeon

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   9:24 PM     

i'll sell you one if your in the valley

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Mon Aug 2, 04   9:50 PM     

how much?

bignick3303

Re: Motor Swaps   Posted Tue Aug 3, 04   11:46 AM     

and this wiring harness you have came off of what?

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5