This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 27583

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4  
Kutsuju_racing
Re: They did it again this time in the 1/8mile   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:12 PM     

over my head again.

Peter S. Kutsuju Racing Pres
novaboy

Re: They did it again this time in the 1/8mile   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:36 PM     

uhhh...go wash your hair or do your make up or somthing...cus you dont know what your talking about...there is no acura in japan...just honda...and what i was saying is there is nothing honda nor acura on that car. its awsome...for a 4 cylender...not an import. once again i dont have anything wrong with imports as long as there built with taste and have quality parts.

novaboy
fonzarelli
Re: They did it again this time in the 1/8mile   Posted Wed May 8, 02   4:03 AM     

In reply to:

there is no acura in japan...just honda...

actually. Both Honda and Acura are trading names of American Honda Corporation, which is just the North American section of the global Honda group. So Acura is Honda, just only American Honda. (e.g kinda like Lexus is Toyota, but badged differently to distinguish two brands from 1 corporation). Remember, Honda is a massive company, they don't just make cars and bikes.. they make all sorts such as lawnmowers and power generators too.

Same thing applies with chocolate. The reason you don't get Cadbury chocolate in America (except from the creme eggs at easter) is because we trade under the name Hurshies(sp) in the US. Its all to do with some international trading laws or something, but i dont understand any of that.

if you dont believe me see :--
http://www.hondacorporate.com
http://world.honda.com
http://www.cadburyschweppes.com
novaboy

Re: They did it again this time in the 1/8mile   Posted Wed May 8, 02   4:37 AM     

so like i was saying....in japan its all called honda...dumbass! lol!!!

novaboy
novaboy

Re: They did it again this time in the 1/8mile   Posted Wed May 8, 02   4:45 AM     

about stock parts....have you seen the new 8 second cavaler? it was built in 3 months and its driven by a gurl. it ran an 8.5. and it is running a stock head and a stock block and some other stuff is stock. and by stock i mean that you can buy the engine in a cavaler....not like pop. with his engine swap. pretty impressive for chevy dont you think? and in the pro street class.....domestics have to run a stock block from the company of car they are racing. and about the 4 cyl making that much hp while we are only making sutch. i wonder what top fuels would make without fuel restriction...displacement restriction...power adder restriction...and the sutch. it top fuels could run turbos they would. they are more efficient. and nos. damn that would be fast. plus doesnt efficiency go down with displacement? i thought it did. ill have to read up on that.

novaboy
LifeOfAgony
4000 bhp 4 banger!   Posted Fri May 10, 02   2:34 AM     

Wow, as cool as that VW Paradise was (btw, what's with the 1/8th mile record?), the Nordwood Funny Car just kicks the most ass ever. That is too phat.

I would agree that the car isn't really a Honda/Acura and therefore not really an "import", but its not a domestic either. There just is no comparison to anything resembling a production vehicle.

However, although I question that Norwood Racing calls this an Acura/Honda, just like how a lot of teams pick a car model and base the body shape off it even though it is nothing like that production car, like the RWD 1400 bhp Ford "Focus". I think the main point is that it is more like an import racer in that it shares that "import" mentality of power through technological refinement, not just the big this and big that mentality. I think this is why the more popular of the domestic 4 bangers commonly tend to get lumped into the import arena, and are generally accepted in the import tuning community. And just like how foreign makers more and more often have their "import" models made right here. So I say the word "import" is starting to become more of a definition of engineering methods, and not just a matter of referring to where the car came from.

If you read the article closely, you'll see they used technology, not just big displacement and high power fuels (nitromethane) and other power making goodies like turbos and nitrous oxide to make the 4000 bhp, but they also engineered a way to make big power in a less engine destructive and therefore safer way. For example, the dual injection setup to run ethanol for everything except the actual quarter mile run, for which they to the nitromethane injectors, and running nitrous oxide to instantly spool the turbos and create some immediate big boost to kick the thing off the line, and doing it all in a stable manner, especially at 55 to 65 psi of boost. Also they get to save the weight normally associated with installing all the safety equipment needed to protect against the nitromethane top fueler engines blowing up.

They estimate 5.5 second timeslips... anyone know what the fastest records ET is? Also I'm wondering if the 250 mph they mention is the real top speed or just the trap speed for running the 1320...

sweetdevil
Re: 4000 bhp 4 banger!   Posted Fri May 10, 02   8:30 AM     

umm, if anyone decides to make some cliff notes, pm them to me, cuz that is just tooooo long to read. That or let me know when the movie comes out....
Lifeofagony... just a tip, keep it a short, people are more likely to read it

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
TheRealMyles

Re: 4000 bhp 4 banger!   Posted Fri May 10, 02   9:20 AM     

Wow what would you like to know about the 1/8 mile record? I will be glad to answer anything you would like to know...mls

Peace,

TRM

FordFactor

Re: Hey how is this for an import pass 6.70 @ 202mph   Posted Sun May 12, 02   7:02 PM     

Bob Norwood who just built an Acura funny car...it's twin turbo 4 cyl. with 4,000HP!!!! that's right 4,000!!!!

Ok, umm how do you tt a 4 banger? It Must be an inline 4 right?

Please break it down, im not much of an import dude, but i'm a hp dude, and 4000hp grabs my attention.

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..

Edited by FordFactor (Sun May 12, 02   7:13 PM)

novaboy

Re: Hey how is this for an import pass 6.70 @ 202mph   Posted Mon May 13, 02   1:57 AM     

yea why did they go to twin turbo anyways...that cust the amount of exhaust you have to drive the turbo....and agony...it you think that top fuels dont have technology...your way wrong...seeing how this car used every thing from a top fuel car to begine with. and 4.8 liters....damn thats a big 4 cyl. lol!!!

novaboy
j0k3r

Re: Hey how is this for an import pass 6.70 @ 202mph   Posted Mon May 13, 02   9:26 AM     

In reply to:

and 4.8 liters....damn thats a big 4 cyl. lol!!!

LOL...Yeah, that is bigger than my 8 cylinder. Those cylinders must be the size of coffee cans.

---------- [External Image Removed]
novaboy

Re: Hey how is this for an import pass 6.70 @ 202mph   Posted Mon May 13, 02   9:28 AM     

there pistons out of a 454 i believe.

novaboy
j0k3r

Re: Hey how is this for an import pass 6.70 @ 202mph   Posted Mon May 13, 02   9:34 AM     

Do you know what the stroke length is?

novaboy

Re: Hey how is this for an import pass 6.70 @ 202mph   Posted Mon May 13, 02   2:12 PM     

no but it uses the exact same rods as a top fuel hemi 500.

novaboy
j0k3r

Re: Hey how is this for an import pass 6.70 @ 202mph   Posted Tue May 14, 02   1:05 AM     

Damn, I would love to pick that dude's brain for a while.

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4