This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 5279

Dlauth
Rims   Posted Wed Jun 2, 04   7:43 PM     

I am thinking about getting konig heliums. i want to get 15in it would be lighter than stock. If you had experiance with these rims plz reply.

SuperKid
Re: Rims   Posted Thu Jun 3, 04   7:31 AM     

Konigs suck. They're heavy, made poorly, and are just all around low quality. If you want good rims (and light) buy some JDM rims. Work, SSR, Rays, Advan, just to name a few. The old school rims are very light.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
Dlauth
Re: Rims   Posted Thu Jun 3, 04   9:25 AM     

Helium Silver 5 x 6.5 10.8 lbs. $148.15
How are they heavy?? they are way lighter than stock
Also I want a set that cost around $800 and lighter than 11lbs.

talljosh85
Re: Rims   Posted Thu Jun 3, 04   3:58 PM     

They are light, but still too narrow for an aftermarket wheel. Get at least a 7" wheel, if not 7.5". Remember, contact patch affects all aspects of performance on a car, and by spending $800 for a set of narrow wheels, even if they are a bit lighter, is more or less a waste of money. I'd suggest something like a 16x7 or 16x7.5 for aftermarket wheels for a fwd light weight, low hp car. Konig's aren't the best quality, as mentioned above, but they sure are cheaper then Volk (Ray's Engineering) or SSR by a fair amount. Keep looking around, there are tons of choices out there, and be sure the wheels you buy will suit you for the next couple of years, because if you decide on a big brake kit or need more traction, you'll end up needing new wheels and tires, again.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
SuperKid
Re: Rims   Posted Thu Jun 3, 04   7:09 PM     

I wasn't aware of how narrow they are. I was just going by the average konig. If you want quality, konigs are definetly not it, or any set of rims for less than $800 for that matter.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
Dlauth
Re: Rims   Posted Mon Jun 7, 04   3:13 PM     

what if i get a 17x7.5 rim would that be fine?

Dlauth
Re: Rims   Posted Mon Jun 7, 04   8:33 PM     

is there a rim that costs $1000 for 4 and still is good quality?
size at least a 17x7, 17x7.5
lbs less than 13

talljosh85
Re: Rims   Posted Mon Jun 7, 04   9:55 PM     

Thats a pretty tall order, under 13lbs is way light, plus you want them cheap? Probably not going to happen. However, some good wheels that aren't as expensive as Volks are: Enkei, 5 Zigen, Blitz, BBS, Axis, Motegi, and probably some more that I can't remember right now. Just look around, tirerack.com, and many, many others (plus ebay) have wheels availible. Josh

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Rims   Posted Mon Jun 7, 04   10:01 PM     

If you want crazy light rims that also look good, then you should get the Regamasters, those things are light as shit, literally. They dotn cost all too much either,for being imported from japan their only liek 1200 bucks or sumthin liek that, id buy them, but rims are the last thing on my mind right now

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
talljosh85
Re: Rims   Posted Tue Jun 8, 04   12:43 AM     

Oh yeah, 17x7.5 would be a good size, not too big, not too small (wide enough for most fwd cars, plus you can fit most brake kits in many 17" wheels). Josh

NOSBlaster
Re: Rims   Posted Thu Jun 10, 04   1:17 PM     

Any one know any cheap rims light rims? Don't care what color as long as they aren't pink

SuperKid
Re: Rims   Posted Fri Jun 11, 04   10:44 PM     

You can get a set of Gram Light 57C 16x7 for around $1080. They're light, have a good design, and come in Silver, White, Gold, & Gunmetal.

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/gramlts57c.htm

Play Gang Wars!